Use Custom Fields to customize your Workspace. Different Custom Fields contain different types of data.
Custom Fields can be added to Lists, Folders, Spaces, or your entire Workspace. You can use the same Custom Field in multiple locations.
You can add a Custom Field to a List and it will appear on all tasks and subtasks in that List. Add a Custom Field to a Space, and it will be added to every Folder, List, task, and subtask in that Space.
Adding a Custom Field to a view will add it to that location. For example, adding a Custom Field column to a List view at the Everything level will add the Custom Field to all tasks in your Workspace.
What you'll need
- 60 Custom Field uses are available on the Free Forever Plan.
- Unlimited uses are available on paid plans.
- Workspace owners on the Business Plus and Enterprise Plans can use custom permissions to manage Custom Fields.
- Individual Custom Fields can be hidden from all guests.
- Guests with edit or full permissions can edit existing Custom Fields but cannot create new ones.
- Guests cannot create new options for Label and Dropdown Custom Fields.
- You can pin Custom Fields on the Business Plan and up.
Enable the Custom Fields ClickApp
Owners and admins can enable the Custom Fields ClickApp for the entire Workspace or individual Spaces.
To enable the Custom Fields ClickApp:
- Click your Workspace avatar.
- In ClickUp 2.0, this is located in the lower-left corner.
- In ClickUp 3.0, this is located in the upper-left corner.
- Select ClickApps.
- Browse or search for the Custom Fields ClickApp.
- Toggle on the Custom Fields ClickApp.
- Uncheck any Spaces that don't need Custom Fields.
- Choose if you want to sort Custom Fields manually instead of alphabetically.
Custom Field types
Different Custom Fields types allow you to capture and use different types of information to organize tasks and maintain consistency.
For example, you can create a Phone Custom Field to capture client phone numbers or use Formula Fields to perform calculations.
Create Custom Fields
Create new Custom Fields from other locations in your Workspace.
Add existing Custom Fields to a new location
You can add existing Custom Fields to other Spaces, Folders, and Lists from tasks from the Sidebar, and views. Custom Fields added at the Everything level are applied to every task in your Workspace.
Custom Field uses
A use of this feature is counted each time you add a value to a Custom Field to a task. Learn more about Custom Field uses and use limits.
Custom Fields Reporting
Gain insight into how Custom Fields within your Workspace are being used with reports.
Use advanced Formulas
Use advanced Formulas to make calculations.
Use mathematical functions in Formulas
Use advanced Formulas to make calculations using mathematical functions.
Use date and time functions in Formulas
Use advanced Formulas to make calculations using date and time functions.
Use logic functions in Formulas
Use advanced Formulas to make calculations using logic functions.
Use string functions in Formulas
Use advanced Formulas to make calculations using string functions.
Edit Custom Fields
Rename and update the details of your Custom Fields to meet your team's needs. Learn how to edit Custom Fields.
Set Custom Fields on tasks
Set Custom Fields values from tasks, views, or the Bulk Action Toolbar.
Search, sort, and filter tasks by Custom Fields
Use Custom Fields to search, track, sort, and filter the work in your tasks.
Show Custom Fields
Show and explore the data available in Custom Fields from tasks or views.
Manage Custom Fields
Manage Custom Fields to make sure your data is captured and maintained consistently.
Manually sort Custom Fields
Change how Custom Fields are sorted in tasks across your Workspace.
Troubleshoot Custom Fields
Troubleshoot unexpected Custom Fields behavior.
Hide Custom Fields from guests
To hide Custom Fields from a guest:
- Hover over the List or Folder you shared with the guest and click the ellipsis ... icon.
- Select List settings or Folder settings.
- Click Custom Fields.
- Hover over each Custom Field, click Guests, and toggle to Hide.