You can use Custom Fields to track, sort, and filter work.
What you'll need
- 100 Custom Field uses are available on the Free Forever Plan.
- Unlimited uses are available on paid plans.
- Individual Custom Fields can be hidden from all guests.
- Guests can search, sort, and filter tasks by Custom Fields.
Search tasks by Custom Field
You can search for tasks using the view search bar in the upper-left corner of any List, Folder or Space.
By default, task names, descriptions, and Custom Fields are included in the results. To customize the fields you want to search, click the dropdown menu next to the search bar and toggle on or off your options.
Search bar preferences apply to all views in your Workspace.
You can search for tasks using the values stored in specific types of Custom Fields. Searchable Custom Field types include:
- Long text
Sort tasks by Custom Fields
You can sort tasks by Custom Fields in List and Table view.
- Ensure the Custom Field is displayed as a column.
- Click the column heading to sort.
- Once sorted, you can:
- Click the arrow icon to reverse the sort order.
- Click the x to stop sorting the column.
Filter tasks by Custom Fields
You can filter tasks by Custom Fields in List, Board, Calendar, and Table views. Filter preferences vary based on Custom Field type.
- Open a view.
- In the upper-right, click the filter icon.
- Using the first dropdown, select the Custom Field you want to filter by.
- Set the other filter preferences and values.
- Your view automatically updates.