Use ClickUp AI in the toolbar from anywhere in your Workspace. AI provides a conversational experience based on your role and where you are in your Workspace.
Feature availability and limits vary by plan and user role. Learn more
Access AI in the toolbar
Access AI in the toolbar at the top of your Workspace.
To access AI:
- From anywhere in your Workspace, click the AI button in the toolbar next to Search.
- You can also press
Option + Kon a
Mac or Alt + Kon a PC.
Use AI in the toolbar
The best way to get started is to tell AI your role.
To enter your role:
- From any location except a task or a Doc, click the AI button in the toolbar next to Search.
- From the ClickUp AI modal, click add your role.
- Enter your role.
- If your role has previously been added to your Profile, it will already be populated here.
- Your role will display in your Profile.
The ClickUp AI experience differs depending on where you are in your Workspace:
- When you're in an open task or Doc, AI will generate results based on your context. For example, if you're in an open Doc AI will search that Doc for answers to your questions.
- When you're in other locations, like Inbox, AI will search all of your Docs and tasks for answers to your questions.
- AI can also search our Help Center for info. Ask AI questions about how to use ClickUp!
Following is an overview of ClickUp AI in different locations:
|AI suggested prompts
|Any location except a task or Doc. For example, Home, Inbox, or a List view.
Ask about Docs in your Workspace: AI suggests questions based on your context.
Ask about your tasks: AI suggests questions that could be helpful for any task.
Ideas for writing: Choose from over 100 role-based writing prompts.
Write StandUp: Generate a summary of the work you've done.
Get team updates: Generate a summary of the work one or more teammates have done.
After the info about a Doc or task is generated, you have the following choices:
- Create Task: Use the generated info to create a task. By default, the task location is your Personal List.
- Create Doc: Use the generated info to create a Doc.
- Copy: Copy the text to manually paste it into another location. You can also manually copy any part of the text.
- Try again: Generate a different response from the same prompt.
Tell AI what to do next: What else do you need?
You can type a follow-up question like, Format this as a blog post, Make this shorter, or Translate this into Italian.