Guests are people you've invited to your Workspace by sharing specific items with them. Guests only have access to those shared items.
Guests are usually people external to your organization. You can also invite internal guests.
What you'll need
- All ClickUp plans include unlimited view-only guests.
- Each paid plan includes a specific number of permission-controlled guest seats.
- Guests cannot invite guests.
- Custom permissions for guests are available on the Enterprise Plan.
Internal and external guests
On paid plans there are two types of guests, internal and external. Guest type and pricing determined in the following way:
External guests: External guests are people from outside your organization like partners and contractors.
Charges for inviting them are calculated according to your permission-controlled guest-to-member ratio. There is no charge for inviting external view-only guests.
Internal guests: People from inside your organization.
Inviting internal guests costs the same as adding a member to your Workspace.
The two guest types are based on several things, including SSO authentication and email domain.
Free Forever plans can invite an unlimited number of guests with full permissions only.
The following table outlines what guests can and can't access or do within your Workspace:
|Guests can||Guests can't|
Invite guests to your Workspace
Workspace owners, admins, and members can invite guests to a Workspace. You can only invite guests when sharing a specific item with them.
Guests are easily identified by the orange squares in the lower-right of their avatars.
From your Workspaces People page, you can manage guests in the following ways:
- See the number of external and internal guests in your Workspace.
- Track when guests were last active
- Update a guest's user role, access, permissions, and settings.
You can also hide individual Custom Fields from guests.
Workspaces on our Enterprise Plan can also apply Custom Permissions to guests.