You can access AI everywhere in ClickUp.
Feature availability and limits vary by plan and user role. Learn more
Access AI from anywhere in ClickUp
Use AI in the toolbar to access AI from anywhere in ClickUp.
- In the toolbar to the right of Search, click the AI button.
- Or use the keyboard shortcut
Option + Kon Mac or
Alt + Kon Windows.
Access AI from specific locations
You can access AI from any location in ClickUp text can be used. For example, task descriptions, all comments, test Custom Fields, and Command Center.
Accessing AI differs depending on location. Some locations have an AI menu that displays when you open a new item.
For example, from a new Doc you can do either of the following:
- Select Write with AI.
- Select an AI Tool.
You can also use /Slash Commands anytime in any AI-enabled location.
Access AI with /Slash Commands
To access AI using /Slash Commands:
- From any location, type the /Slash Command
/toolsto use AI Tools, or
/writeto Write with AI. You can also type
/aito display all AI options.
- To open an AI modal, press
Access AI from existing content
You can edit existing content from any location in the following way:
- Highlight some text and select AI from the text toolbar.
- Select a prompt from the dropdown.