Experiencing unexpected behavior with a Custom Field? This guide is designed to help you troubleshoot Custom Fields quickly so you can return to your productive work!
Unexpected Custom Field behavior
If a Custom Field is not behaving how you expect, try the following:
Ensure that the correct Custom Field type has been created for the expected behavior.
If you enter a URL or location, make sure you're using the Website or Location Custom Field. The information can be put into Text Custom Fields but won't work as intended.
- Try recreating the Custom Field.
Locate a Custom Field
If you cannot see a Custom Field, try the following:
Make sure you're looking at the same List, Folder, or Space in which you created the Custom Field.
- If a Custom Field was created at the List level, it will only display in the List it was created. You'll need to add at least one task to the List in order for the columns to display.
- To add a Custom Field to multiple Lists within a Folder, add it at the Folder level instead.
- Try to add the Custom Field to a List view. Some Custom Fields do not show in Board view or other views.
- If you're looking for the Custom Field in List view, make sure it's not hidden. Hidden Custom Fields can be seen by opening tasks in the List view.