ClickUp 3.0 has introduced several new features and UI updates, including a redesigned Views Bar. You can use the Views Bar at the top of any Space, Folder, or List to customize the way you view your tasks.
What you'll need
- The Views Bar is available on all ClickUp plans.
- Everyone, including guests with Full permissions, can use the Views Bar.
Create a view
Each Space, Folder, and List you create will have a List and Board view by default. You can choose which views are included by default in the default view settings.
To add more views:
- From the Views Bar at the top of a Space, Folder, or List click + View.
- In the Views modal select a view.
- Give the view a name and enter any other required info.
- Click the Add button.
Check the Private view box when creating the view if you don't want anyone else to access this view or the Pin view box if you want the view to always display in your Views Bar.
Edit view settings
Once a view has been created, right-click the view in the Views Bar to open the View options modal.
The View options modal includes the following options:
- Rename view: Give the view a new name.
- Copy link: Copy a link to the view.
- Pin: Pin or unpin a view to the Views Bar. Pinned views can be reordered.
- Add to favorites: Add the view to your Favorites.
- Duplicate as: Make a copy of the view. You can make an exact copy or use a new view type.
- Templates: Apply a view template or create a new one.
- More settings: Show additional view settings.
- Autosave view: Any future changes you make to the view will be saved automatically.
- Protect view: Protect the view to prevent settings and preferences from being changed.
- Private view: Make the view private.
- Default view for everyone: On the Business Plan and above, owners and admins can set default views for everyone in specific Workspace locations.
- Default to Me mode: Enable Me Mode as the default for individual views
- Reset view to defaults: Reset the view to its default settings.
- Export view: Export the view's data. Only available for List and Table views.
- Sharing & Permissions: Customize the view's sharing and permission settings.
Group views by type
You can customize the way your Views Bar is organized by changing the view grouping settings. By default, views will be shown in the order they were created.
To group views based on type:
- Click the ellipsis ... icon beside the Space, Folder, or List name. You can do this in the header of the view, or using the Sidebar.
- Select More settings, Folder settings, or List settings depending on the location.
- Toggle on Group views by type.
You can also access this setting by opening the More... menu in the Views Bar. You'll only see this icon if your Views Bar is full.
If there are multiple views of the same type in your Views Bar, they will be grouped in a single heading. Click the number next to a view's name to see the view group.
The views modal includes the following options:
- Ungroup by type: Turn off view grouping.
- Pin view: Pin or unpin a view in the Views Bar. When a view is pinned, it will no longer appear in the view group.
- View options: Access the View options menu.
- + Add View: Add a new view to the location.
You can also reorder the pinned views in a group by dragging and dropping.
Use the More menu
Once the Views Bar reaches the maximum number of views, any additional views can be accessed by using the More... button.
Use the Search views box to search for any view in a Space, Folder, or List.
The More menu has two categories:
- Pinned: Views you've pinned in your Views Bar.
- Views: View haven't been pinned.
Click the pin icon beside a view to add it to the Pinned section. Click the pin icon again to unpin any pinned views.
You can reorder pinned views by dragging and dropping them into the order you'd like. Only pinned views can be reordered.
Select Group by type to group the views by type.