This article covers the changes included in 3.0!
ClickUp 3.0 Workspace settings
Use the new toolbar at the top of ClickUp to search, use AI, create tasks, Docs, and more! You can read more in our Intro to the Toolbar article.
The toolbar includes the following features:
- Click Search to open the Command Center, where you can search your entire Workspace or use commands.
- Click the AI button to write with AI or use AI Tools.
- Click + New to create new items.
- Create tasks
- Create Docs
- Create Reminders
- Create Chats
- Create Whiteboards
- Click your avatar to open your account settings menu.
- The Quick Action menu is now located in the toolbar!
Quick Action menu
The Quick Action menu is now located in the top-right corner of the toolbar. Read more in our Intro to the toolbar article.
In the toolbar, click the grid icon to access these Quick Action menu options:
- My Profile: Open your user profile.
- My Tasks: View My Tasks.
- Calendar: View your Calendar.
- Track time: Create a time entry.
- Notepad: Open Notepad.
- Record: Start recording a Clip.
- Reminder: View your Reminders.
- Chat: Create a new Chat view.
- New Doc: Create a new Doc.
- Whiteboard: Create a Whiteboard.
- People: Browse and find people in your Workspace.
- ClickUp Centers: Open the App Center, Template Center, Custom Fields Manager, or ClickApps.
Hover over an item and click the pin icon to pin it to the toolbar so you can quickly click it without opening the full menu.
The Sidebar is the control center for navigating your Workspace. Read more in our Intro to Sidebar 3.0 article.
The Sidebar introduces the following new features and flexibility:
Workspace and account avatars have moved:
- Workspace settings are now at the top of the Sidebar.
- Account settings are now at the top right in the toolbar.
- A redesigned Home and Inbox experience.
- Manage your Docs, Dashboards, and Whiteboards in Hubs from your Sidebar.
- Show/Hide Space: Display only the Spaces you frequently use.
- Hide Space: To the right of a Space, click the ellipsis ... menu then select Leave Space. You'll retain access to the Space and it won't display in your Sidebar.
- At the top of the Spaces section hover to the right.
- Click the search icon and search for the Space.
- You can also click the ellipsis ... menu then enable Show all Spaces. You can disable Show all Spaces at any time.
- To the right of the Space, click the ellipsis ... menu then select Show Space.
- The Sidebar layout has been simplified. Clean and Modern layouts have been deprecated.
- Dark Mode can be enabled from your personal settings. There's no longer a way to enable Dark Mode from Sidebar.
We've redesigned our Task view with a modern, minimalist design, and performance enhancements! You can read more in our Intro to Task view 3.0 article.
Highlights of the redesign include:
- Task view has three layouts to choose from. ClickUp will remember your last choice.
- Default layout: The task description is three-quarters of the screen. You can drag the divider to expand either the task description or the Activity section.
- Full-screen layout: The task fills your browser. You can drag the divider to expand either the task description or the Activity section.
- Sidebar layout: The task moves to the right side of the screen. The sidebar will display while you navigate to other locations in your Workspace, like Docs or Home.
- Task view includes tabbed sections to easily access information:
- Details: This tab shows the task's Custom Fields and attachments.
- Subtasks: This tab shows the task's subtasks.
- Action Items: This tab shows all checklists and assigned comments. It includes smart counters for highlighting assigned and open items.
- The following Task view sections have a Full screen option:
- Task description, Details, Subtasks, Action Items, Checklists, Assigned comments, and Relationships.
- Click the Subtask sidebar icon in the upper-left corner to expand the subtask sidebar. From here, you can:
- Quickly navigate through the entire subtask tree or return to the parent task.
- Create and delete tasks and subtasks.
- Navigate between the task and its subtasks.
- Click the plus icon to the right of the Activity section to open the Relationship sidebar:
- Display all linked tasks, dependencies, Docs, and URLs.
- Create Custom Relationships.
- Edit a linked task's status and columns without opening it.
- Subtasks now have Custom Fields:
- Add Custom Fields to subtasks.
- Search for Custom Fields from a subtask.
- The cover image feature now has more options:
- Search Unsplash images using keywords to add a cover image to the task.
- Reposition cover images.
- The Activity section and comments have been redesigned.
- Open a comment thread so only that thread displays in the Activity section.
- The content in the Activity section can be collapsed so there's more room for comments.
We've redesigned the Tray. You can now pin it so that all of the tasks in your Tray display across the bottom of your screen.
You can read more in our Task Tray 3.0 article.
- Task Tray is no longer part of the Quick Action menu. The Quick Action menu has been moved to the upper-right corner of the toolbar.
- The Tray is in the lower-right corner of your screen.
- To pin your tasks:
- In the upper-right corner of the Tray modal click the pin icon.
- In the lower-right corner, click the tray icon.
- To minimize your tasks back to the Tray, click the pin icon again.
- In the upper-right corner of the Tray modal click the pin icon.
Inbox has an intuitive email-like layout that lets you communicate with your team across all tasks, Docs, Chats, and Lists from a single location. You can read more in our Intro to Inbox article.
Inbox has redesigned the notifications experience with the following updates:
- Notifications are bundled together by the task, Chat, or List you were notified from.
- Inbox tabs separate your notifications into these different categories:
- Important: See notifications for your most important activity, including comments and tasks assigned to you and @mentions and reactions.
- Other: See notifications for changes on tasks where you're a watcher.
- Snoozed: Move a notification to this tab for a chosen amount of time. When the notification is unsnoozed, it moves back to its original tab.
- Cleared: Move notifications to this tab. They'll remain here for 30 days and then are permanently removed.
- Unread: Click the envelope icon to the left of the Clear button to mark a notification as unread. The task title will be bolded again. Read tasks have unbolded titles.
Filter: Click the Filter icon in the upper-right corner and select from the following filters:
- Assigned to me: Show only notifications from tasks or comments you're assigned to.
- Mentioning me: Show only tasks, Docs, or Chats where you've been mentioned.
- Unread only: Show only notifications that are marked as unread.
- Clear all: Click the Clear all button in the upper-right corner. This clears all notifications on the current tab that meet the criteria of any filters you have applied.
- Customize your Inbox layout:
- Fullscreen mode: Enable or disable Fullscreen mode by default for notifications.
- Group by date: Enable or disable notifications grouped by the date they were received.
- Notification settings: Open your notification settings.
- Keyboard shortcuts: View the Inbox keyboard shortcuts.
- From an expanded notification, click Details or press [ to view the task, Doc, or Chat alongside your notification.
- Inbox keyboard shortcuts allow you to manage your notifications faster.
Overviews give a high-level view of Spaces and Folders and allow you to see similar items in a central location, and make changes quickly. Read more in our Intro to Overviews article.
To see a location's overview, open a Space or Folder and select Overview in the Views Bar.
Location overviews include the following features:
- Customizable cards that show important information. The cards available include:
- Recent: The Recent card shows any items or views you recently opened within the Space or Folder. Your most recent items appear at the top.
- Docs: The Docs card shows any Docs attached to the Space or Folder.
- Resources: The Resources card shows any files in the Space or Folder.
- Folders: The Folders card is only available at the Space level and shows all the Folders within a Space.
- Lists: The Lists card shows any Lists within the Space or Folder. You can also use this card to create a brand new List using the New List button.
We've made many improvements to Views. You can read more in our Intro to views article. Highlights of these changes include:
We've redesigned our List view with a modern design! You can read more in our Intro to List view article.
Highlights of the changes include:
- Click the Add task button in the List view header to create new tasks quickly.
- Track status progress using the status progress icon on any task.
- We've improved the drag-and-drop experience when moving tasks in List view.
- All Custom Fields can now be resized.
- We've improved Space and Folder views to show descriptions and important information such as due dates, priority, and assignee.
The Views Bar allows you to control your any view.
Click more in the Views Bar at the top of any view. From here, you can:
- Group views at the Space, Folder, or List level. By default views are no longer grouped by view type. Views are grouped by pinned, private, and other views.
- Pin views.
The location header gives you greater control over any location in your Workspace. You can read more in our Intro to location header article.
Highlights of this feature include:
- Customize: You can use the Customize button to make changes to any view. This includes filter settings, Custom Fields, grouping options, subtask options, and more.
View settings: You can now use the settings options beside a view's name in the header to make changes to the view. Options include:
- Expandable and collapsed states
- Entry buttons for:
- List color
- Sprint information including:
- Sprint status
- Sprint points
- A dedicated Add task button to quickly create new tasks, Docs, Reminders, Chats, or Whiteboards.
Show status progress
We've added a new ClickApp called Show status progress that's great for managing linear workflows!
- Tasks in Spaces that have the ClickApp enabled will track status using this new feature.
- The ClickApp is disabled by default.
- When disabled, the status is a solid color.
- It can be enabled per Space by an owner or an admin.
- When enabled, the status progress displays as a percentage in a pie chart.
Logic in Forms
Use rules and conditions to add dynamic logic to your Forms. Form Logic makes it easier to create more complex and streamlined workflows directly in a view.
- Centralize your Docs, Whiteboards, and Dashboards in their own Hubs.
- Quickly access your recently viewed, favorited, and personally-created items.
- Search, sort, and filter your Docs, Whiteboards, and Dashboards in the table section of each Hub.
- Home 3.0 is your personalized hub to start your day, prioritize your work, and view your schedule.
Customizable cards allow you to track tasks, reminders, and events:
- Recents: See items and locations you recently opened on your computer or mobile device. Click any item to open it.
- Agenda: See scheduled tasks, reminders, and external calendar events in one place.
- LineUp: Identify and organize tasks you need to complete as soon as possible.
- Assigned to me: See tasks that are assigned to you, sorted by due date.
- Reminders: See your reminders sorted by due date.
- Assigned comments: See all unresolved comments assigned to you. You can open comment threads and resolve comments from this card.
- My Work: See your tasks and reminders.
Custom task types
Custom task types let you use tasks to represent different types of work like clients, events, inventory items, and more.
- Create and manage custom task types.
- Set a default task type for a List.
- Filter by task type across any view.
Custom Field Manager
Owners and Admins can now view, find, and manage all the Custom Fields in your Workspace in one place! To learn more, read our Intro to Custom Fields article.
- The Custom Field Manager introduces an Admin experience for creating, editing, and managing Custom Fields across an entire Workspace
- Through the Custom Field manager, you can easily see all Custom Fields in a Workspace along with the field's metadata, including creator, date of creation, and locations.
- You can easily edit Custom Fields directly from a List view.
- Business Plus and Enterprise Plans can merge Custom Fields. Clean up redundant fields by merging 2-3 fields of the same type together, while preserving their usage across the platform.
- Business Plus and Enterprise Plans can move Custom Fields. Accidentally add a field to the Workspace level? Easily move a field down to the correct location and level of the hierarchy.
- Convert Custom Fields to a different type of field after creation.
- Duplicate Custom Fields to make an exact copy of an existing Custom Field.
Connect and integrate other apps to bring all your work into ClickUp!
The App Center can be accessed from the following locations:
- The toolbar
- Command Center
You can connect apps to ClickUp in two ways:
- Private connection: A private connection is just for you. Connecting an app will change your ClickUp experience with new functionality, but won't affect anyone else.
- Shared connection: A shared connection allows a Workspace owner or admin to connect an app once to enable features for all members of the Workspace.
Use Universal Search to find your work that lives outside of ClickUp.
To use Universal Search:
- An admin or owner must enable the Universal Search ClickApp.
- You must connect external apps through the App Center.
There are two Universal Search options:
Private Universal Search: Search results from the connected app will only be visible to you. Private Universal Search is available for the following apps:
- Google Drive
Shared Universal Search: Search results from the connected app will be visible to all members of your Workspace. Shared Universal Search is available for the following apps:
- Google Drive
Write better and faster using ClickUp AI. Whatever your role or job function, ClickUp AI can transform the way you work! You can read more in our Intro to ClickUp AI article.
Highlights of the new feature include:
- Write with AI: Enter custom prompts, edit the input, or reprompt AI.
- AI Tools: Choose from over 100 tools that use prompts tailored to specific roles!
- AI-generated subtasks: Create subtasks from just a task name.
Generate task and comment summaries:
- Summarize the activity taking place in the task description and comments.
- Summarize the progress being made on the task.
- Summarize task comments and comment threads.
- You can also generate summaries and updates using AI Custom Fields.
- Generate Inbox comment summaries: Quickly see the main points of a long Inbox thread or comment.
You now have more flexibility in how you visualize your data with drill-down view. Read more in our Drill-down view for Dashboard cards article.
- You can use drill-down view to see more detail in the following cards:
- Bar Chart
- Battery Chart
- Line Chart
- Total Time in Status
We've updated three Sprint Dashboard cards that are used to report on the tasks in your Sprint Folders. There are also now more options to customize how you manage your Sprints!
The following Sprint Dashboard cards have been updated:
- Velocity cards: Use Sprint Velocity cards to accurately plan your team's upcoming Sprints.
- Burndown cards: Use Sprint Burndown cards to accurately visualize the amount of work being completed in one sprint.
- Burnup cards: Use Sprint Burnup cards to track scope change over the course of one sprint.
The following customizations have been added:
Sprint forecast: The amount of work your team estimates per sprint. These settings are used by our new Velocity, Burnup, and Burndown cards to calculate your team's progress. You have two Sprint forecast options:
- Manually lock forecast after Sprint starts: The default. Each Sprint's locked forecast is used to calculate the forecasted and guideline values in your Burndown charts.
- Automatically lock forecast on the Sprint Start day and Start time: Select this option to use the total Sprint Points or Time Estimate that are in your Sprint on the Start day and Start time.
- You can customize the name and date settings for your Sprint Folders.
We've rebuilt Docs to improve performance, reliability, and quality!
Performance improvements include:
- We built our collaborative feature from scratch so your team can reliably work together in real time.
- Docs open faster.
- Content loads instantly as you switch between pages.
Quality improvements include:
- Watchers: Add to Watchers to Docs. Watchers are people who are notified about comments made on a Doc page.
- Badges: Insert a colorful badge to emphasize or call attention to a line or block of content. You can also add some rich text formatting to the text in the badge like you can in a banner.
We've made Whiteboards faster and easier to use! You can read more in our Intro to Whiteboards article.
Highlights of the performance enhancements and redesign include:
- Whiteboards now operate 600 times faster!
- The Whiteboard toolbar and Item menus have been redesigned.
- Zooming is smoother.
- The zoom, Fit To Screen, and Full Screen menus are now in the upper-right corner.
- Embed dynamic websites and apps into your Whiteboard using the card type menu at the bottom of the screen. If the apps are editable, you can update them without leaving the canvas.
To open and pin the menu:
- From the left of the Whiteboard, click the link icon in the Whiteboard toolbar.
- The card type menu opens at the bottom of your Whiteboard.
- To keep the toolbar at the bottom of your Whiteboard, hover over it and click the pin icon.
- New and updated templates have been added to our website's ClickUp Templates page.
- Create a Whiteboard from the toolbar's Create items button or Quick Action menu.
- By default, Whiteboards are added to the Everything level as a view. You can pick a different location using the location drop-down menu.
- Create, organize, and search Whiteboards from the Whiteboards Hub.
- Create and access a Whiteboard from the Sidebar just like a Doc.
- Sticky notes, shapes, and text boxes automatically scale vertically to the amount of text you type. Resize by dragging the corners of the item.
- Add tasks and Docs to your Whiteboard and edit them from the canvas.
- Add borders to shapes. Customize the line weight and color. Your custom settings are automatically saved.
- Easily connect Whiteboard items with snap connectors.
- The items stay locked together as you move them unless they're disconnected.
We've made changes to help improve the experience of using the ClickUp desktop app.
- Enable the Detect Desktop App in My Settings to open browser links in the ClickUp desktop app. When this setting is enabled, when you click a ClickUp URL from Chrome, Firefox, or Edge, a notification displays with the option to open the link in your desktop app instead of your browser.
- Access the Command Center from anywhere on your computer and route directly to ClickUp tasks, Docs, or third-party apps using customizable keyboard shortcuts.
New Task view that is easier to use, faster, and includes several new features.
- Additional Task view features:
- Read-only Relationships section.
- Time estimates.
- Sprint Points.
- See frequented tasks without loading.
- New attachment viewer that supports more file types and image comments.
- Upload PDF and video files to tasks.
- Improved task breadcrumbs fully show Space, Folder, and List names.
- Use animated emojis.
- Improved comment replying performance for Inbox, Task view, and push notifications.
- Additional Task view features:
New Doc, task description, and Notepad experience with iterative changes toward mobile Docs 3.0:
- Faster, offline read-only state when you first load Docs.
- New Edit button to avoid accidental edits.
- Improved page navigation.
- Comment on Docs.
- New customizable Home experience that uses personalized cards.
New Inbox experience for improved organization and action-taking.
- Additional Inbox features:
- Read and unread notification statuses.
- Streamlined notification clearing.
- Snooze and unsnooze notifications.
- View notifications without a connection.
- Additional Inbox features:
- Set your default launch page to Home, your Inbox, or a specific List.
- Submit a Form response or share its URL.