Prefer to do your work and browse the web separately? Try the ClickUp desktop app!
What you'll need
The desktop app is available on every plan.
Everyone, including guests, can use the desktop app.
The desktop app is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
If you're having issues with our desktop app, read Troubleshoot the desktop app.
Follow these steps to install the ClickUp desktop app for your Operating System (OS).
Download the app for Microsoft Windows devices.
Double-click the .exe file to install the ClickUp desktop app.
Download the app for Mac devices.
Click the .zip file to open it.
Double-click the Install ClickUp application to install the ClickUp desktop app.
Download the app for Mac M1 or M2 devices.
Double-click the .dmg file, then drag it into your Applications folder.
From your Applications folder, double-click the ClickUp disk image to install the ClickUp desktop app.
- Download the app for Linux devices.
- Make the file executable.
- Run the ClickUp desktop app.
Some versions of Linux may require the installation of the AppImageLauncher before installing the ClickUp desktop app.
To edit your desktop app settings:
- From your personal avatar in the lower-left corner, select My Settings.
- Click Desktop App.
Available app settings:
Quick Create New Task: Enable keyboard shortcuts
Cmd + Eon Mac, or
Ctrl + Eon Windows to quickly create a new task.
Launch at Startup: Automatically launch the desktop app when you start your computer.
To check which version you're currently using:
- Open your ClickUp desktop app.
- From the top-left File menu (Windows) or top-left App menus (Mac), select ClickUp.
- Click About ClickUp.
- A popup will display the version number.
If you have the desktop app pinned to your taskbar (Windows) or Dock (Mac), the old version might not be replaced. You may need to pin the new version.
If you're currently using version 2, you'll see an in-app message prompting you to update to version 3.1.
Version 3 and up
For version 3 and up, the ClickUp desktop app will check for future updates automatically.
You can also download the latest version from our website or from the desktop app.
To download from the desktop app:
- Open your ClickUp desktop app.
- From the File menu (Windows) or App menus (Mac), select ClickUp.
- Click Check for updates.
- Follow the prompts on the popup.
If you have desktop app notifications enabled, you can customize how and when you receive them.
To customize notifications:
- From your personal avatar in the lower-left corner, select Notifications.
- From the Desktop column to the right, check or uncheck each item to individually.
- If you've double-checked your settings and still aren't receiving notifications from the desktop app, read our article on troubleshooting notifications.
Detect desktop app
When you open a ClickUp page in your browser while the desktop app is running, a notification will display in the lower-left corner asking if you want to open the link in the desktop app.
Disable desktop app detection
To disable this setting:
- Open ClickUp in your browser.
- In the lower-left corner, click your avatar.
- Select My Settings.
- Scroll down and disable Detect Desktop App.
- In the lower-right corner, click Save changes.
This feature is available for the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox & Edge browsers. It is not available on Safari.
Integrations that use a Chrome extension are not supported in the desktop app.
The Clip ClickApp is currently not available in the desktop app.
Some embedded content may not display in the desktop app. You may be prompted to open it in your default web browser instead.
- ClickUp cannot be downloaded from Windows Installer, also known as MSI.