Prefer to do your work and browse the web separately? Try the ClickUp desktop app!
What you'll need
The desktop app is available on every plan.
Everyone, including guests, can use the desktop app.
The desktop app is available for Mac, Windows, and Linux operating systems.
- The minimum supported Operating Systems are:
- Windows 10
- MacOS X 10.15
If you're having issues with our desktop app, read Troubleshoot the desktop app.
Install the desktop app
Follow these steps to install the ClickUp desktop app for your Operating System (OS).
Download the app for Microsoft Windows devices.
Double-click the .exe file to install the ClickUp desktop app.
Download the app for Mac devices.
Click the .zip file to open it.
Double-click the Install ClickUp application to install the ClickUp desktop app.
Mac M1 and M2
Download the app for Mac M1 or M2 devices.
Double-click the .dmg file, then drag it into your Applications folder.
From your Applications folder, double-click the ClickUp disk image to install the ClickUp desktop app.
Some versions of Linux may require the installation of the AppImageLauncher before installing the ClickUp desktop app.
Use the desktop Command Center
Use the desktop Command Center to Search and run commands from anywhere on your computer.
Launch any app on your Mac, and use Universal Search to find your work that lives outside of ClickUp.
To open the Desktop Command Center:
Cmd + Jon Mac.
Ctrl + Jon PC.
You can customize these shortcuts from your desktop app settings.
The ClickUp desktop app must be running in order to use the desktop Command Center. If you close the desktop app window, the app will continue to run in the background.
If you have desktop app notifications enabled, you can customize how and when you receive them.
To customize notifications:
- From your account settings menu, select Notifications.
- From the Desktop column to the right, check or uncheck each item to individually.
- If you've double-checked your settings and still aren't receiving notifications from the desktop app, read our article on troubleshooting notifications.
Detect desktop app
When you open a ClickUp page in your browser while the desktop app is running, a notification will display in the lower-left corner asking if you want to open the link in the desktop app.
Disable desktop app detection
To disable this setting:
- Open ClickUp in your browser.
- Click your account avatar.
- Select My Settings.
- Scroll down and disable Detect Desktop App.
- In the lower-right corner, click Save changes.
This feature is available for the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox & Edge browsers. It is not available on Safari.
Edit desktop app settings
Desktop app settings only apply to the ClickUp desktop app on your computer. To open your desktop app settings:
- In the desktop app, open My settings.
- If you're using ClickUp 2.0, click your account avatar in the lower-left corner, and select My settings.
- If you're using ClickUp 3.0, click your account avatar in the upper-right corner and select My settings.
- In the sidebar, select Desktop App.
- Customize Shortcuts or App Behavior.
Create New Task: Press
Cmd + Eon Mac or
Ctrl + Eon Windows to quickly create a new task from any app.
Open Command Center: Press
Cmd + Jon Mac or
Ctrl + Jon Windows to open the desktop Command Center from any app.
To change the default shortcuts:
- Click the current shortcut.
- Press a new key combination.
- Select the checkmark icon to save the shortcut or the x icon to cancel.
From the App Behavior section of your desktop settings, you can enable or disable Launch at Startup. When enabled, this setting automatically launches the ClickUp desktop app when you start your computer.
Update the desktop app
To check which version you're currently using:
- Open your ClickUp desktop app.
- From the top-left File menu (Windows) or top-left App menus (Mac), select ClickUp.
- Click About ClickUp.
- A popup will display the version number.
If you have the desktop app pinned to your taskbar (Windows) or Dock (Mac), the old version might not be replaced. You may need to pin the new version.
If you're currently using version 2, you'll see an in-app message prompting you to update to version 3.
Version 3 and up
For version 3 and up, the ClickUp desktop app will check for future updates automatically.
You can also download the latest version from our website or from the desktop app.
To download from the desktop app:
- Open your ClickUp desktop app.
- From the File menu (Windows) or App menus (Mac), select ClickUp.
- Click Check for updates.
- Follow the prompts on the popup.
Integrations that use a Chrome extension are not supported in the desktop app.
The Clip ClickApp is currently not available in the desktop app.
Some embedded content may not display in the desktop app. You may be prompted to open it in your default web browser instead.
- ClickUp cannot be downloaded from Windows Installer, also known as MSI.