Search your entire Workspace to find tasks, Docs, Whiteboards, and more with our powerful search features!
You can also use commands right from the search modal!
What you'll need
Search is available on all ClickUp Plans.
- You'll only see items that you have permission to access.
You can access Search from the Sidebar or from anywhere in ClickUp using keyboard shortcuts.
Cmd + Kon a Mac.
Ctrl + Kon a PC.
- Click Search in the Sidebar.
Then start typing to search your Workspace!
Hover your mouse over any recent item or search result to:
Copy link: Copy the item's URL to your clipboard.
Tray: Minimize a task to the tray.
New Tab: Open the item in a new tab.
Filter search results
You can filter search results by:
- Type: Use the tabs above the search results to include only tasks, Docs, Whiteboards, Dashboards, Chats, files, or the people in your Workspace.
- Location: Click the Location filter button in the top right and select any combination of Spaces, Folders, or Lists to search for items in those specific locations.
- Quick filters: Show items that are assigned to you, or that were created by you.
- Task filters: Show tasks in active or closed statuses, or that have been archived.
Sort search results
You can sort your search results by their relevancy ranking or by how recently you looked at each item.
By default, we display search results in order of relevancy. To sort results by most recent, click the sort button and select Recent.
Other places to search
If you can't find what you're looking for using Search, there are a few more ways to find items in ClickUp.
Browse the Hierarchy
You can also look for items by browsing through the Hierarchy using your Sidebar.
Find Archived items
The items you're looking for may have been archived. You can find archived items using these help articles:
If the permissions changed on an item, you may no longer have access to it. Contact your Workspace owner or admin who can help check permissions.
The items you're looking for may have been deleted. Check the Trash.
- Some items can be restored from the Trash if deleted within the last 30 days.
Members and guests can only see and restore items they have deleted.
The Workspace owner and admins can see, restore, or permanently delete any items.