Looking for a task, Doc, or file in your Workspace? Use the Command Center to search for it and save time navigating through layers of the Hierarchy.
You can also use commands like
open Notepad or
Go to Home to locate, create, or find items in your Workspace.
What you'll need
- The Command Center is available on all ClickUp plans.
- Everyone, including guests, can search for and see items they have permission to access.
- Some commands depend on your user role and permissions.
Open the Command Center
You can open the Command Center from ClickUp using one of the following methods:
- In the upper-left corner of the Sidebar, click Search.
Cmd + Kon Mac.
Ctrl + Kon PC.
When using the ClickUp desktop app, you can access the Command Center from anywhere on your computer:
Cmd + Jon Mac.
Ctrl + Jon PC.
Whether you're browsing the web, in another application, or using the browser version of ClickUp, the keyboard shortcut will open Command Center in the ClickUp desktop app and start searching.
What can be searched
You can use Command Center to search for the following:
- Whiteboards, including text on shapes, text boxes, and sticky notes.
Search for items
To search for items in your Workspace:
- Open Command Center.
- Start typing to search or scroll to find what you're looking for.
- Apply filters and sort results.
- Hover over the search result you want to interact with.
- Select from the following options:
- Open: Click the enter icon to open the item.
- Open in new tab: Click the new tab icon to open the item in a new tab.
- Copy URL: Click the link icon to copy the item's URL to your clipboard.
- Tab: Press
Tabor click the Tab button to open additional options. Options depend on the type of item you're interacting with.
To navigate recent searches, click the < or > icon in the lower-left corner of the Command Center.
/ in the Command Center to see all available commands.
Start typing a command name, and press
Return to run the command. Alternatively, click any command to run it.
For example, type
go to display Go to commands. Type
home to display the Go to Home command.
Command Center shortcuts
Use keyboard shortcuts in Command Center.
|Open in new tab||
|Open a search result in a new tab.|
|Copy a search result's URL to your clipboard.|
||Toggle on or off the current location filter. This filter removes search results that are not located in the Space, Folder, or List you currently have open.|
|Show in Command bar||Hover over a result and press
Choose from the following commands:
• Open in new tab
• Copy URL
• Copy Task ID
• Send to Tray
|Search filter tabs||
(Numbers 1-9 only.)
|Type any number 1-9 while holding
||Navigate back through your recent searches.|
||Navigate forward through your recent searches.|
You can use Command Center for more than searching and using commands.
Calculations and conversions
Use Command Center as a calculator or currency converter. For example, type
3CAD to USD and see results appear in real-time.
To copy the calculation or conversion result to your clipboard, press