Sidebar 3.0 brings new features and flexibility!
What you'll need
- The Sidebar is available on all ClickUp plans.
- Guests have access to a limited version of the Sidebar based on their permissions.
Collapse and expand the Sidebar
There are two ways to collapse or expand the Sidebar:
- In the upper-right corner of the Sidebar, click the double arrow icon.
Organize your Sidebar
Drag and drop Spaces, Folders, and Lists in your Sidebar to reorder them.
Sort Space items alphabetically
To alphabetically sort all Folders, Lists, and Docs in a Space:
- Hover over the Space and click the ellipsis ... icon.
- Select More settings.
- Click Sort items A to Z.
Sidebar sorting changes are displayed to all users in the Workspace.
Hover over the top-right corner of your Sidebar and click the gear icon to customize what you see. The following options are available:
- Show archived: Show archived Spaces, Folders, and Lists in your Sidebar.
- Expand/Close all Folders: Reveal or hide the Lists in every Folder in the Space you're working in.
Layout size & style: Switch between Simple, Clean, and Modern layouts.
- On Clean and Modern layouts, you can also choose between Compact, Default, and Large text and icon sizes.
- Dark side(bar): Turn on dark mode for your Sidebar. You can enable Dark Mode for your entire Workspace in your settings.
- In the upper-left corner of the Sidebar, click Search.
Cmd + Kon Mac.
Ctrl + Kon PC.
Home, Notifications, Pulse, and Goals
You can find the following options directly underneath the search bar in your Sidebar:
- Home: Use Home to see your most important tasks, events, and Reminders.
- Notifications: Customize and use notifications to keep track of due dates, status changes, assigned comments, and more.
- Pulse: Use Pulse to see who is online and what they're working on.
- Goals: Use Goals to create and track high-level objectives with targets to measure OKRs, Sprints, individual tasks on a project, and more.
Use Favorites to bookmark the items and locations you use the most.
The ClickUp Hierarchy is where you organize your tasks, Docs, Whiteboards, and more.
The Hierarchy is completely customizable and allows you to:
- Browse for items.
- Search for items.
- Create and edit Spaces, Folders, Lists, tasks, Docs, Forms, Whiteboards.
- Hide Spaces.
- Move items using drag and drop.
Browse the Hierarchy
Browse your Hierarchy from the Sidebar:
- Click Everything to view all tasks in your Workspace.
- Select Shared with Me to view tasks that have been shared with you from private Spaces.
Click each individual Space to expand it, revealing its Folders, Lists, and Docs that have been added to the Sidebar.
Use the Expand/Close all Folders setting to reveal every List in the Space you're working in!
- Click a Space, Folder, or List to open that location's default view.
Guests only see items that are shared with them in the Sidebar.
Search for items
Search for specific items from your Sidebar, like Lists, Folders, Docs, or Whiteboards:
- Click the Search icon next to Spaces.
- Type in the name of a Space, Folder, or List.
- Click the Space, Folder, or List to open it.
Create and edit items
To create a Space:
- Under Spaces, click + New Space.
- Customize the Space and complete the creation process.
To create a Folder, List, Doc, Form, or Whiteboard:
- Hover over the location.
- Click the + icon.
Hide a Space you don't use:
- Click the ellipsis ... next to a Space.
- Click Hide in my sidebar.
To unhide a Space:
- In the left Sidebar, click the Hidden Space section to expand it.
- Click the ellipsis ... next to a hidden Space.
- Click Unhide in my sidebar.
Move tasks using drag and drop
Move tasks to different Lists by dragging and dropping them into their new location in the Sidebar.
See open tasks from the Sidebar
Organize, search, and create Dashboards from one centralized location.
The resource center
Use the resource center to learn more about ClickUp, interact with the community, and get help using the platform.
At the bottom of the left Sidebar, click the question mark icon to open the resource center.
You can access your Workspace and account settings menus from your Sidebar.
- In ClickUp 2.0, these are both located in the lower-left corner.
- In ClickUp 3.0, your Workspace settings menu is located in the upper-left corner. Your account settings menu is located in the upper-right corner.