Use the toolbar at the top of ClickUp to find content and get work done.
What you'll need
The following features are quickly and easily accessible from the toolbar.
ClickUp AI is available on all paid plans when using ClickUp 2.0 or 3.0. AI is only available in the toolbar on ClickUp 3.0.
To learn how to purchase AI or enable a free trial, take a look at our FAQ.
To open an AI modal:
- From the toolbar, select ClickUp AI.
- Make a selection from the modal then follow the prompts.
From the modal, you can create a task or a Doc that uses the generated text!
Quickly add a task, Doc, Reminder, Chat view, or Whiteboard view.
On the toolbar, click New to open the quick create modal, then select the tab for the item you want to create.
You can also quickly create items using the Command Center.
Create a task
Choose the home List for your new task, set a task name, and any required Custom Fields, then click Create task.
Set any standard fields, Custom Fields, add dependencies, subtasks, and checklists, apply a template, add attachments, and set watchers before creating a task.
Create a Doc
Docs can be added to a location in your Workspace. If you don't select a location, they'll be available in Docs Home.
By default, Docs are private. You can create a Doc that's available to everyone in your Workspace by turning off the Private toggle.
Create a Chat or Whiteboard view
If you don't pick a location for your Chat view or Whiteboard, they will be created as a view at the Everything level.
By default, Chat and Whiteboard views are available to everyone in your Workspace. You can make them private to you by clicking the Private toggle.
Quick Action menu
Open the Quick Action menu from anywhere in your Workspace.
- In ClickUp 2.0, this is located in the lower-right corner.
- In ClickUp 3.0, this is located in the upper-right corner of the toolbar.
The following options are available:
- My Profile: Open your user profile.
- My Tasks: View My Tasks.
- Calendar: View your Calendar.
- Track time: Create a time entry.
- Notepad: Open Notepad.
- Record: Start recording a Clip.
- Reminder: View your Reminders.
- Chat: Create a new Chat view.
- New Doc: Create a new Doc.
- Whiteboard: Create a Whiteboard.
- People: Browse and find people in your Workspace.
- ClickUp Centers: Open the App Center, Template Center, Custom Fields Manager, or ClickApps.
Hover over an item and click the pin icon to pin it to the toolbar so you can quickly click it without opening the full menu. Pinning an item to the toolbar only applies to you. It won't pin items for anyone else in your Workspace.
Account settings menu
Click your account avatar on the right side of the Toolbar to open your account settings menu. From the account settings menu, you can access:
- My settings: View and update your account settings.
- My Profile: View your ClickUp account profile.
- Notification settings: Set your notification preferences.
- Rewards: See your rewards for participating in ClickUp reward programs.
- Themes: Change the appearance of ClickUp.
- Trash: View items you've deleted (or if you're a Workspace owner or admin, everything that's been deleted in the Workspace).
- Hotkeys: See the hotkeys that you can use within ClickUp to save time and clicks.
- Download apps: Use our mobile app, or download the desktop app to use ClickUp outside of your web browser.
- Help: Access the help center to learn more about using ClickUp and get support.
- Logout: Sign out of your ClickUp account.
- Manage version: Learn more about ClickUp 3.0 and switch back to ClickUp 2.0.
You can pin your Favorites to display them under the toolbar. Pinning Favorites to the toolbar only applies to you. It won't pin Favorites for anyone else in your Workspace.