Set advanced permissions for your Workspace.
To set individual permissions for each user role, read our custom permissions article.
What you'll need
- Some advanced permissions are only available on the Enterprise Plan:
- Make new Spaces private: Enterprise Plan
- Allow admins to manage private Spaces: Enterprise Plan
- Block public sharing: Enterprise Plan
- Private attachments: All plans
- Only certain user roles can enable and disable advanced permissions:
- Make new Spaces private: Owners and admins
- Allow admins to manage private Spaces: Owners only
- Private attachments: Owners and admins
- Block public sharing: Owners and admins
Access advanced permissions
Advanced permissions are located in the Security & Permissions section of your Workspace settings.
To access advanced permissions:
- Click your Workspace avatar.
- In ClickUp 2.0, this is located in the lower-left corner.
- In ClickUp 3.0, this is located in the upper-left corner.
- Select Settings, then Security & Permissions.
- Scroll down to the Advanced permissions section.
Make new Spaces private
Once enabled, only the Private option is available when creating a new Space.
After a new Space has been created, only Workspace owners and admins can make it public.
To make a private Space public:
- In the Sidebar, hover over the private Space and click the ellipsis... icon.
- Select Sharing & Permissions.
- Click Make Public.
Allow admins to manage private Spaces
Allow admins to transfer Space ownership and add or remove people from private Spaces by enabling Allow admins to manage private Spaces.
Once enabled, an email will be sent to everyone in the Workspace letting them know that admins can now manage private Spaces.
Enable Private attachments to make attachment links automatically expire one hour after the link has been generated.
New links to an attachment will be generated each time that a task has been opened or exported to ensure that no unwanted links remain accessible after your work is complete.
Setting attachments as private only applies to new attachments added after the feature has been enabled.
Block public sharing
Enable Block public sharing to increase security in three different ways:
- Disable sharing links over one year.
- Disable never expiring links.
- Disable public template sharing.
Blocking public sharing does not prevent sharing of attachment URLs.