What you'll need
- Space ownership can be transferred on all plans.
- The Workspace owner, admins, and Space creator can transfer the ownership of a Space.
- Guests can't change the owner of a Space.
Transfer Space ownership
- In your left Sidebar, hover over the Space you want to change ownership of.
- Click the ellipsis to the right of the Space's name.
- Click Space settings.
- Select All Space settings.
- Click Owner.
- Search for or select a new owner.
- Click Save changes.
Transfer ownership of an inaccessible Space
Workspace owners can transfer ownership of inaccessible Spaces.
Spaces can become inaccessible when the person who created the Space is no longer part of the Workspace. If another member still has access to the Space, you can temporarily make them an admin so they can transfer Space ownership. For Enterprise accounts, Spaces can also become inaccessible when they are private, the admin does not have access to that Space, and Allow admins to manage private Spaces is disabled.
- In the lower-left corner, click your personal avatar.
- Select Spaces.
- Click the inaccessible Spaces tab.
- Click Transfer Ownership next to the Space you want to transfer ownership of.
- If there are no inaccessible Spaces, you will see a message saying You have no inaccessible Spaces.