What you'll need
- Space ownership can be transferred on all plans.
- On the Enterprise Plan, owners can allow admins to add or remove people from Spaces using advanced permissions.
- The Workspace owner, admins, and Space creator can transfer the ownership of a Space.
- Guests can't change the owner of a Space.
Transfer Space ownership
- In your left Sidebar, hover over the Space you want to change ownership of.
- Click the ellipsis to the right of the Space's name.
- Click Space settings.
- Select All Space settings.
- Click Owner.
- Search for or select a new owner.
- Click Save changes.
Transfer ownership of an inaccessible Space
Workspace owners can transfer ownership of inaccessible Spaces.
Spaces can become inaccessible when the person who created the Space is no longer part of the Workspace.
If another member still has access to the Space, you can temporarily make them an admin so they can transfer Space ownership.
For Workspaces on the Enterprise Plan, Spaces can also become inaccessible when:
- A Space is private.
- The Workspace owner does not have access to the private Space.
- Allow admins to manage private Spaces is disabled at the Workspace level or at the Space level.
Admins can only transfer ownership of inaccessible Spaces when:
- The Workspace is on the Enterprise Plan.
- The option to allow admins to manage private Spaces has been enabled for the Workspace.
- The option to allow admins to manage a Space has been enabled for the specific Space.
To transfer ownership of an inaccessible Space:
- In the lower-left corner, click your personal avatar.
- Select Spaces.
- Click the inaccessible Spaces tab.
- Click Transfer Ownership next to the Space you want to transfer ownership of.
- If there are no inaccessible Spaces, you will see a message saying You have no inaccessible Spaces.
- If you'd like to leave a private Space or hide it from your left Sidebar without deleting the Space, you'll need to transfer ownership first.
- If someone else in your Workspace needs to delete or archive a Space, they'll need to be made its owner.