Use Universal Search to find your work that lives outside of ClickUp. Use the App Center to connect apps you’d like to search from ClickUp.
There are two Universal Search options:
- Private Universal Search: Search results from the connected app will only be visible to you.
- Shared Universal Search: Search results from the connected app will be visible to all members of your Workspace.
Browse the Universal Search category in the App Center to discover supported integrations.
Universal Search is an early preview release. Functionality and pricing may change as we continue to improve this feature.
What you'll need
- Private Universal Search is available on the Business Plus Plan.
- Shared Universal Search is available on the Enterprise Plan.
- Workspace owners and admins can enable the Universal Search ClickApp, and add shared connections.
- Guests can't use Universal Search.
Private Universal Search
Connect other apps to include them in your ClickUp search results. Search results from the other apps will only be visible to you.
Private Universal Search is available for the following apps:
- Google Drive
Shared Universal Search
Connect other apps to include them in ClickUp search results for everyone in your Workspace.
Use a bot or service account to create a shared connection so your private work doesn't appear in other people's ClickUp search results.
Shared Universal Search is available for the following apps:
Enable the Universal Search ClickApp
A Workspace owner or admin must enable the Universal Search ClickApp for your Workspace.
From Command Center:
- Type ClickApps and press Enter or Return to open the Workspace ClickApps settings page.
- Search or browse for Universal Search.
- Click the toggle to enable Universal Search for your Workspace.
Connect an app to enable Universal Search
To search across apps, you need to connect them using the App Center, then enable Universal Search for each app.
To use Universal Search with Figma, you'll need to copy and paste the URLs of your projects and teams into the App Center.
From the App Center:
- Browse for the supported app you want to connect to ClickUp.
- Select the Private or Shared tab.
- Review the connection information and click Connect.
- Follow the prompts to connect the app with ClickUp.
- Click the toggle to enable Universal Search.
- Your search results will now include items from ClickUp and the other app!