Create a visual representation of your work for your entire team. Dashboards are the best way to build high-level views of everything going on in your Workspace.
Customizable cards are the building blocks of Dashboards. The customization and flexibility of cards allow Dashboards to be used for various reporting purposes across industries.
Widgets were renamed to cards on March 9th, 2023.
What you'll need
100 uses of Dashboards are available on the Free Forever Plan. Uses include the following actions:
- Create a Dashboard
- View a Dashboard
- Add a card
- Edit a card
- Remove a card
- Remove a Dashboard
- Unlimited uses of Dashboards are available on the Unlimited Plan and above.
- Some cards are only available on paid plans.
- The Dashboards ClickApp is enabled in every new Workspace by default, but a Workspace owner or admin may disable the ClickApp.
- Guests can view Dashboards that have been shared with them.
- Guests can only see card data if they have permission to view the tasks, Lists, and Folders that the card is reporting on.
- Certain cards can be exported on the Business Plan and above.
- Reporting and Time Tracking Dashboards are only available for Unlimited Plans and up.
Watch the following ClickTip video on Dashboards in ClickUp 2.0.
There are so many ways to use Dashboards to create a visual representation of work for your team and clients.
Create a Dashboard
Create a Dashboard from scratch or from a template.
Add a card to your Dashboard
Cards are the primary building blocks of Dashboards. Add cards to display the information you need.
Take a look at the available Dashboard cards.
Time-based Dashboard cards
Use time-based cards to show tasks as they change over time. For example, you can show how your tasks' priority, time estimates, or Sprint points changed during a month-long project.
Access Dashboards in ClickUp 2.0
You can access Dashboards in the Sidebar of your Workspace.
- Open Dashboards to display the following Dashboards categories:
- Favorite Dashboards: Dashboards you've added as favorites.
- My Private Dashboards: Private Dashboards you've created.
- Dashboards I'm Sharing: Dashboards you're sharing with others.
- Dashboards Shared With Me: Dashboards that are shared with you.
- Click the expand icon next to any category to see individual Dashboards.
You can reorder Dashboards by dragging and dropping them.
Access Dashboards in ClickUp 3.0
If you're using ClickUp 3.0, you can access the new Dashboards Hub from your Sidebar.
Click Dashboards in your Sidebar to see all your Dashboards in one centralized location.
Search for Dashboards in ClickUp 2.0
Search for Dashboards using the Command Center or Sidebar.
To search for Dashboards from the Command Center:
Cmd + Kon a Mac or
Ctrl + Kon Windows to open the Command Center.
- Click the Dashboards tab.
- Search using keywords.
To search for Dashboards from the Sidebar:
- From the Sidebar, click Dashboards to expand the Dashboards categories.
- Click the search icon.
- Enter the name of the Dashboard to filter for it.
Search for Dashboards in ClickUp 3.0
Search for Dashboards using the Command Center or Dashboards Hub.
Search for Dashboards from the Command Center:
Cmd + Kon Mac or
Ctrl + Kon PC to open the Command Center.
- Click the Dashboards tab.
- Search using keywords.
Search for Dashboards from the Dashboards Hub:
- In the Sidebar, click Dashboards to open Dashboards Hub.
- In the upper-right corner of the Dashboards Hub, click Search Dashboards.
- Command Center will open with the Dashboards filter automatically enabled.
Alternatively, use the Search by name... search bar in the upper-right of the Dashboards Hub table.
Edit Dashboard settings in ClickUp 2.0
Rename, share, favorite, or delete Dashboards.
Create and manage your Dashboards from the Sidebar using the Dashboard settings menu.
Click the ellipsis ... next to any Dashboard to choose from the following options:
- New dashboard: Create a new Dashboard.
- Sharing & Permissions: Manage access to the Dashboard.
- Rename: Rename the Dashboard.
- Duplicate: Duplicate the Dashboard.
- Favorite: Add the Dashboard to your Favorites and the Favorite Dashboards category in your Sidebar.
Delete Dashboard: Delete the Dashboard.
- Users cannot delete Dashboards created by someone else unless the Dashboard is public or being shared with them. If a Dashboard is public, users are able to delete it after they make it private. If a Dashboard is shared, users with full permissions can delete it.
- Items in the Trash are kept for 30 days before being permanently deleted.
Edit Dashboard settings in ClickUp 3.0
If you're using ClickUp 3.0, you can manage Dashboards from the Dashboards Hub.
View and edit modes in Dashboards
You can access Dashboards in view or edit mode. To switch between modes, enable or disable Edit mode in the upper-left corner of a Dashboard.
While in view mode, you can refresh a Dashboard to see the most up-to-date data.
You can also expand a Dashboard or individual cards to view them in full-screen mode.
While in edit mode, you can edit and share Dashboards, including adding, editing, resizing, and moving cards.
Refresh a Dashboard
It's important to refresh your Dashboard to make sure that the data is current. You can enable the Auto refresh setting so you never forget.
To enable or disable Auto refresh:
From the upper-right corner of your Dashboard, click Auto refresh.
- The Auto refresh feature must be set for each Dashboard.
To refresh your Dashboard:
- Hover in the upper-right corner of your Dashboard and click the Refresh icon.
- After refreshing, hover over the Refresh icon to see the exact date and time your Dashboard was last refreshed.
- You can also refresh individual cards by clicking the Refresh button on a card.
Dashboards will Auto refresh every 4 hours.
Use Dashboard filters
Filter Dashboard cards
You can filter your Dashboard card data to report only on tasks that meet specific criteria.
Filtering options differ by card.
You can share your Dashboards publically or with specific team members.
Save a Dashboard as a PDF
Export any Dashboard as a PDF for easy reporting.
Time Tracked in Dashboards
Use the Time Tracked data point to report on tasks like billing and Sprint planning. Time Tracked is available on Bar Chart, Pie Chart, and Battery Chart Dashboard cards.
Chart drill-down Dashboard view