Use due dates to keep track of important tasks and project deadlines.
Tip: If you use subtasks, you can turn on Remap Subtask Due Dates to have any changes to the parent task's due date automatically adjust due dates.
What you'll need
- Due dates are available on every ClickUp plan.
- Everyone, including guests, can add or edit due dates.
- You can add and edit due dates in Gantt View, List View, Board View, Calendar View, Table view
Set a task's due date
To set a due date for a task:
- Open a task.
- Click on the due date icon at the top of the task modal.
- Select your due date.
- Note: When setting a due date, you can either select a specific date on the calendar modal or enter your desired date just as you would speak, taking advantage of our natural language processing.
Set a List's due date
To set a List due date:
- Select the List you'd like to set a due date for and make sure that you're viewing it in either List or Board view.
- Click on the I to the right of the desired List's name.
- Select Set due date to set the due date for the entire List.
Edit due dates
Edit a due date at any time by clicking on it and using the drop-down to select a new date. To delete a due date, hover your mouse over the date and click the X icon.
Tip: On Calendar view, Gantt view, and Timeline view, you can drag and drop tasks to add or adjust due dates.
Set due date colors
The color of the due date will change based on if a task was closed on time or overdue:
- No color: The task was due in the future.
- Green: The task was completed on time.
- Orange: The task is due today.
- Red: The task is overdue.
Give time estimates for tasks, and let your teammates know when work on a task should begin.
Personalize your ClickUp account to show your preferred time and date settings.
Keep the relative position of due dates in your tasks without manually updating them.
If you're creating a template from a task containing subtasks, you can remap due dates for these subtasks along with those of the parent task.