ClickUp makes it easy to schedule and organize your team meetings. The following best practices are efficient and simple. They'll increase your productivity, help your team focus on output, and keep all your meeting info in one place!
Recommended Hierarchy structure
We recommend organizing your Workspace Hierarchy for meetings in the following way:
- Create a single List where all of your meetings will exist.
- Create a task in the List for each meeting.
- Attach a Doc to the task for note-taking.
Take a look at this ready-to-use meeting notes Doc template.
Add Detail with Custom Fields
With Custom Fields, you can create unique task fields to add more information to each task. Custom Fields can be set at the List level, so if needed, you can create a different set of Custom Fields for each List.
Before the meeting
The time before a meeting can be just as valuable as the meeting itself. With ClickUp, you can ensure that all of your time is spent efficiently.
Before a meeting, we recommend doing the following to make the best use of your time:
Team collaboration can sometimes reduce the need for a meeting and is often more efficient. We recommend async collaboration with teammates to determine whether a meeting is necessary.
- Use tasks and Docs to collaborate.
Use @mentions in tasks or Docs to notify teammates and meeting attendees of any updates or important information.
- Use our Slack integration for quick conversations.
- Create a quick Clip for updates or instructional info rather than a meeting.
- Add a Chat view to discuss items unrelated to specific tasks in any view or location in ClickUp.
Create a meeting agenda
Creating an agenda for your meeting is a great way to save your team time and ensure all meeting attendees know what to expect. You can use the Meeting Note Style Template in the Template Center for a ready-to-use note format.
Set up your meeting framework
If your team determines that a meeting is necessary, the following framework will ensure that you're prepared:
- Recurring meetings: Create a new task template or select a task template from the Template Center and set a recurring due date for the task.
- 1:1 meetings: Create a new task template or select a template from the Template Center. We recommend that the task and any attached Docs are made private so that the information is only accessible to the appropriate people.
- One-time meetings: Use the meeting task template that you've created or chosen from the Template Center and add the relevant meeting details.
Use Google Calendar
With ClickUp's Google Calendar integration, you can sync your Google Calendar with your ClickUp calendar so that you never miss a meeting. We recommend including all relevant details in the calendar event including:
- Clear meeting agenda goals.
- Estimated time for each agenda item to help your team stay on track.
- Link to the meeting task or Doc.
Add an Embed view of a shared Google Calendar in your meetings List for visibility.
During the meeting
While your team is meeting, we recommend using the attached Doc to take notes. The notes could include:
- Meeting action items.
- Risks or blockers.
- Project progress.
You can take a look at the available meeting notes templates in our Template Center:
You can also create your own meeting notes templates!
After the meeting
After the meeting, you can use the meeting task to coordinate and assign the action items for your team. To do this, we recommend the following:
- Leave a comment on the task and assign the relevant team member.
- Create tasks and subtasks directly from the meeting notes Doc. Learn how to create tasks from comments by looking at this article.
- Add all meeting participants as Watchers to the meeting task.
- Add the meeting recording link and any other important resources to the task so that it's easily available to the group.