When task links are posted in Slack, they'll automatically show details (unfurl). You can also update task details, like changing the status or assignee, directly in Slack.
What you'll need
- The Slack integration is available on every ClickUp plan.
- Only Workspace owners and admins can manage integrations.
Available details and actions
The following task details are available:
- Who created the task
- Task creation date
- Task title
- Preview of task description
- Task status
- Parent Folder and List for the task
- Who left the comment
- When the comment was posted
The following actions can be taken in Slack:
- View Task
- Change Status
- Change Assignee
- Change Priority
- Change Due Date
- Change Tags
- Add Comment
- Create a task using the
Choose notification types
Workspace owners and admins can decide which notifications are sent to Slack.
To customize notifications:
- In the lower-left corner of your Workspace, click your avatar.
- Select Integrations.
- Under Slack Notifications, click the settings icon on the right.
- Choose the types of notifications you want to send to Slack.
- At the bottom, click Save.
Learn how to create tasks and send messages to tasks from Slack.