Get notified of task activity with the Google Chat integration.
What you'll need
- The Google Chat integration is available on every ClickUp plan.
- Only Workspace owners and admins can manage integrations.
- Guests can't use the Google Chat integration.
- To utilize the integration, you must be using a work or school Google account. Check out this Google support answer for more info.
- Google Chat was previously known as Hangouts Chat.
Add the ClickUp bot to a Google Chat or space
To add the ClickUp bot to Google Chat:
- Open Google Chat.
- In the right sidebar, click the + icon.
- Search for and select ClickUp.
- Click Add.
- Choose to add the ClickUp bot to a Google Chat or space.
- When adding the bot to a space, select the space and click Add in the lower-right corner. Then, click link with ClickUp in the automated message.
Alternatively, you can type
enter, and select Add to space in any space to add the ClickUp bot to it.
Add Google Chat notifications
Instantly send ClickUp task notifications to the Google chat or space of your choice.
Create a new notification
- Open the App Center:
- Select App Center.
- From the sidebar, select Communication.
- Click Google Chat.
- Click + Add Notification.
- Specify the Space, Folder, and List you want notifications from.
- Choose the Google space you want notifications to go to.
You'll get notified when the following actions occur in ClickUp:
- A task is created.
- An assignee changes.
- A task status changes.
- A new attachment is added.
- A new task comment is made.