Turn a note into an action item by converting it into a task.
What you'll need
- You can convert notes to tasks on every ClickUp plan.
- Everyone, including guests, can convert notes.
Convert notes to tasks
To convert a note to a task:
- Open the Notepad.
- Hover over the note you want to convert and click the + icon.
You can also do this from the ellipsis ... menu within the note.
- Select the List you want to add the task to.
- Add task details. By default:
- The note's title will automatically become the new task's title.
- The note's contents will automatically become the new task's description.
- In the lower-right corner of the task creation modal, click Create Task.
After the task is created, you'll have the option to delete, archive, or keep the note you converted.