Enable Dark Mode to turn ClickUp's primary background color black.
What you'll need
Enable Dark Mode on the browser or desktop app
To enable Dark Mode on the browser or desktop app:
- Click your account avatar and open your Dark Mode settings.
- In ClickUp 2.0, in the lower-left corner click your account avatar.
- In ClickUp 3.0, in the upper-right corner click your account avatar then select Themes.
- Click the Dark Mode toggle to turn it on or off.
- Alternatively, open the Command Center, type theme, and select Toggle Theme to Dark Mode.
Try Dark Mode in combination with our Workspace color themes!
Enable Dark Mode on the mobile app
To enable Dark Mode in the mobile app:
- From Home, swipe right from the left side of your screen or tap the Sidebar icon in the upper-left corner to open it.
- In the upper-right corner of the Sidebar, tap the settings icon.
- Under Dark Mode, tap On.
Dark Mode examples
When you enable Dark Mode, every screen displays with a black background and white text. The rest of the colors, like your statuses and avatars, remain the same.
Below are some examples of what this looks like: