Frequently asked questions about Email in ClickUp.
Q: What happens if I delete the email in my inbox?
A: Emails added to ClickUp are preserved in the thread even if you delete the email in the inbox.
Q: Why can't I see email as an option under the comments section?
Q: Can guests send emails?
Q: Can I use an email alias or shared email address?
A: If you can log into your email service using an email alias, then you can use it with Email in ClickUp! Shared email addresses are supported if the shared email address has its own account credentials you can use to log into your email service.
Q: Does ClickUp suggest recipients from my email account?
A: Yes. We store some of your contacts when you first set up an email account, and request more to display as suggestions while you are typing in the To, CC, and BCC fields.
Q: Can I see if the recipient has seen my email?
A: No. To ensure compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), we no longer use a tracking pixel to display if an email sent from ClickUp has been seen.
Q: How can I see how many email accounts are linked in my Workspace?
A: To see how many email accounts are linked:
- Open the integrations page:
- If you're using ClickUp 2.0, click your Workspace avatar in the lower-left corner and select Integrations.
- In ClickUp 3.0, click your account avatar in the upper-right corner and select My settings. From the sidebar, click Integrations.
- Select Email.
- Add, remove, and manage all email accounts that are linked to your Workspace.
Q: What happens to paid email accounts that I no longer need?
A: Empty email slots fall off when the billing cycle renews.
Q: Why isn't my email Automation working?
A: If an email Automation isn't working, your email account may need to be reauthorized. Try the following:
- In the Space, Folder, or List where your Automation is located, open a task.
- Click the comment area.
- Click the Send Email icon.
- In the From section, click the email address.
- Click Manage accounts.
- Hover over the inactive account and select Restore account.
- Complete the remaining prompts to authorize your email account.
Once you've reauthorized your email account, test your Automation.
Q: What does the error code NAUTH_013 mean?
A: This error means that your Microsoft organization has denied us access to link to the mailbox. Some of the reasons include:
- Incorrect User Permissions
- Incorrect Global Permissions: Third party applications may be blocked
- Invalid ActiveSync Settings
- Invalid MDM settings