Connect any email service that supports IMAP to ClickUp so that you can send and receive emails from within a task thread.
If you're interested in sending emails from task comments, check out Email in ClickUp.
What you'll need
This ClickApp can be enabled by Workspace owners or admins.
Guests can't use the Email ClickApp.
Free Forever Workspaces get one free email account with 100 uses.
Unlimited Workspaces get one free email account with unlimited use.
Business Workspaces and above get two free email accounts, including signatures and email templates.
Business Plus and Enterprise Workspaces can use custom email permissions for admins and members.
Connect your IMAP email to ClickUp
In the following examples, we'll walk through setting up IMAP with a Yahoo email address. Please review the instructions for your specific email provider.
IMAP instructions for Gmail:
IMAP instructions for Microsoft Office 365:
To connect your IMAP Yahoo email address:
- Open a task and click on the email icon in the comments field.
- Select Link an email in the From field.
- Choose Sign in with IMAP and enter your email, password, IMAP host, IMAP port, SMTP host, and whether or not SSL is required.
- IMAP Host: imap.mail.yahoo.com
- IMAP Port: 993
- SMTP Host: smtp.mail.yahoo.com
- SMTP Port: 465 or 587
- Requires SSL: Yes