What you'll need
- The Sprints and Sprints Points ClickApps must be enabled in your Workspace by an owner or admin.
- Sprint cards are available on the Business Plan and above.
Sprint Velocity cards
- Y-axis: Represents the measure of effort that's configured in your default Workspace or Sprint Folder Sprint settings.
- X-axis: Represents your last 7 sprints by default. You can adjust the x-axis to reflect your last 3 to 10 sprints.
Sprint Velocity charts
- Overall velocity: The total average amount of work your team completed in all sprints.
- Equal to the value of the last Rolling average velocity.
- Average forecast: The total average amount of work your team estimated would be completed in all sprints.
- Equal to the value of the last Rolling average forecast.
- Sprints: The number of sprints displayed in the chart.
- Forecasted: The amount of estimated work for each sprint.
- Represented in the chart by the gray bars.
- Completed: The work completed in each sprint.
- Measured by the number of tasks and subtasks in the sprint that were set to a Done or Complete status.
- Rolling average forecast: The total average amount of work your team estimated would be completed in all sprints divided by the number of sprints.
- As you move along the chart, this average is cumulative. The most recent sprint's rolling average forecast includes all sprints displayed in the chart.
- Rolling average velocity: The average total amount of work your team completed divided by the number of sprints.
- As you move along the chart, this average is cumulative. The last sprint's rolling average velocity includes all sprints displayed in the chart.
Add a Velocity card to a Dashboard
- From a Dashboard, click + Add Card in the top-right corner.
- From the left menu, select Sprints.
- Click Sprint Velocity.
To use the legacy version of the card, click Add the legacy card instead in the top banner.
- Configure the following options:
- Name: By default, your chart is named Sprint Velocity. You can rename it.
- Sprints from: Select a Sprint Folder. Data from this sprint populates the chart.
- Range (x-axis): The default is Last 7 Sprints. You can select the last 3 to 10 Sprints.
- Click Add card.
- The data from the sprint chosen is added to the Velocity Chart.