Display your Google calendar events alongside ClickUp tasks using the ClickUp Calendar view. You can also display ClickUp tasks on your Google Calendar.
There are two different sync options available:
- Sync Google Calendar events to ClickUp Calendar views.
- Sync tasks from ClickUp to Google Calendar.
What you'll need
- The Google Calendar integration is available on every ClickUp plan.
- We recommend creating a brand new Google Calendar. You can quickly show or hide the new Google Calendar to reveal your tasks.
- The Google Calendar integration is private. No one else in your Workspace can access your Google Calendar through this integration.
- You may need to occasionally re-authenticate your Google account based on your organization's security policies.
- Guests can use this integration.
- Google Calendar sync can only be enabled from a browser or the desktop app.
- Once enabled, synced events will display in the ClickUp mobile app.
- You cannot sync your ClickUp tasks to a shared Google Calendar.
When adding a Google Calendar to your ClickUp account, you can choose Sync events to ClickUp or Sync tasks to Google.
You can sync events to ClickUp and tasks to Google between the same ClickUp and Google accounts, but you'll need to set each sync up separately.
Sync events to ClickUp
Synced Google Calendar events display in all Calendar views of every Workspace you have created or joined.
When you sync Calendar events from Google Calendar to ClickUp:
- Changes you make to the event in Google Calendar will be reflected on your Calendar in ClickUp.
- Changes you make to an event in Google Calendar will not update the related task in ClickUp.
- You can view the event in ClickUp, and click a link to view and edit the event in Google Calendar.
- Only calendars from the My Calendars section of Google are available.
- You can toggle your specific Google Calendars on or off.
- Events created in Google Calendar do not create a new task in ClickUp.
- Google Calendar Tasks will not sync to ClickUp.
- Google Calendar will show tasks as 30 minute blocks regardless of the task's true length.
Sync tasks to Google Calendar
You can sync tasks that meet specific criteria from multiple Workspaces, Spaces, Folders, and Lists to a Google Calendar.
Tasks that sync
Tasks that meet the following criteria can be displayed in Google Calendar.
Tasks from specific Workspaces, Spaces, Folders, and Lists.
- All tasks in the selected location, or
- Tasks assigned to you in the selected location.
- Tasks with a start date and/or due date.
- A start date or due date is required for tasks to sync to Google Calendar.
- Tasks with start or due dates but no specific start or due time are created as all-day events.
- Tasks with a due time but no start time will start at midnight in Google Calendar.
- Tasks bulk sync to Google Calendar up to 60 days in the future.
- Tasks in Closed statuses will not display on Google Calendar.
The following task updates will sync to Google Calendar:
- Task name: Renaming a task will update the related Google Calendar event.
- Start date and time: Updating a task's start date or time will update the related Google Calendar event.
- Due date and time: Updating a task's due date or time will update the related Google Calendar event.
Task updates can take several minutes to reflect in Google Calendar.
Tasks that don't sync
Tasks that meet the following criteria will not be displayed in Google Calendar:
- Future recurring tasks. Only the current instance of the recurring task will be displayed in Google Calendar.
- Tasks without a start date or due date.
- Tasks with a due date in the past.
- Tasks with a start date further than 60 days in the future.
Set up Google Calendar sync
To sync Google Calendar and ClickUp:
You can set up the sync from two places in ClickUp:
From any Calendar view, open the right sidebar and click Add Calendar. Select Google Calendar.
From your account settings menu, click Calendar in the sidebar.
In the Google Calendar section, click + Add Account.
Select either Sync events to ClickUp or Sync tasks to Google.
If you select Sync tasks to Google, you need to specify the following:
The Google account.
The Google Calendar to sync to.
The ClickUp locations to sync from.
Whether to sync all tasks in the location or just tasks assigned to you.
If you have not connected an account, select Connect new account and follow the steps to authorize ClickUp to access your Google account. A new browser window will open where you can choose your Google account and authorize it by clicking Allow.
If you have previously connected an account, select it.
Pick a calendar and click Next.
Click Got it!
- Repeat the above steps to set up the other sync option.
If you see No Calendars for this user when trying to connect your Google Calendar, disable ad-block and reauthorize permissions.
When authorizing Google Calendar, a popup will request access for ClickUp to see, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar. This permissions request must be accepted for the Google Calendar sync to function.
If you're unable to authorize ClickUp, visit your security settings and verify that your Google account is configured to allow access.
Show Google Calendar events in your Home calendar
Display Google Calendar events using the Agenda card!
Hide Google Calendar events from Calendar view
By default, Google Calendar events display in all Calendar views.
To hide Google Calendar events in Calendar views:
- Open any Calendar view.
- If the right sidebar is not expanded, click it.
- At the bottom of the right sidebar, click the Google Calendar account to enable or disable it.
Remove Google Calendar
When removing your Google account, it will be removed from the entire Workspace for security reasons. This can impact sending emails from ClickUp, integrating your Google Calendar, and uploading attachments from Google Drive. You'll need to re-add your Google account to continue using these features.
After you delete the sync, tasks synced from ClickUp must be manually removed from your Google Calendar.