Display your Google calendar events alongside ClickUp tasks when using the ClickUp Calendar view. You can also display ClickUp tasks on your Google Calendar!
There are two separate sync options available:
- Sync Google Calendar events to ClickUp Calendar views.
- Sync tasks from ClickUp to Google Calendar.
What you'll need:
A Google Calendar
We recommend creating a brand new Google Calendar. You can quickly show or hide the new Google Calendar to reveal your tasks.
- You may need to occasionally re-authenticate your Google account based on your organization's security policies.
The Google Calendar integration is available on any ClickUp Plan.
Guests can use this integration.
Watch our ClickTip video below on the Google Calendar integration!
When adding a Google Calendar to your ClickUp account, you can choose Sync events to ClickUp or Sync tasks to Google.
You can sync events to ClickUp and tasks to Google between the same ClickUp and Google accounts, but you'll need to set each sync up separately.
Sync events to ClickUp
Synced Google Calendar events display in all Calendar views of every Workspace you have created or joined.
When you sync Calendar events from Google Calendar to ClickUp:
- Changes you make to the event in Google Calendar will be reflected on your Calendar in ClickUp.
- You can view the event in ClickUp, and click a link to view and edit the event in Google Calendar.
Only calendars from the My Calendars section of Google are available.
You can toggle your specific Google Calendars on or off.
Events created in Google Calendar do not create a new task in ClickUp.
- Google Calendar Tasks will not sync to ClickUp.
Sync tasks to Google Calendar
You can sync tasks that meet specific criteria from multiple Workspaces, Spaces, Folders, and Lists to a Google Calendar.
Tasks that sync
Tasks that meet the following criteria can be displayed in Google Calendar.
- Tasks from specific Workspaces, Spaces, Folders, and Lists.
- All tasks in the selected location, or
- Only tasks assigned to you in the selected location.
- Tasks with a start date and/or due date.
- A start date or due date is required for tasks to sync to Google Calendar.
- Tasks with start or due dates but no specific start or due time are created as all day events.
- Tasks with a due time but no start time will start at midnight in Google Calendar.
- Tasks bulk sync to Google Calendar up to 60 days in the future.
The following task updates will sync to Google Calendar.
- Task name: Renaming a task will update the related Google Calendar event.
- Start date: Updating the due date of a task will update the related Google Calendar event.
- Due date: Updating the due date of a task will update the related Google Calendar event.
Changes you make to an event in Google Calendar will not update the related task in ClickUp.
Tasks that don't sync
Tasks that meet the following criteria will not be displayed in Google Calendar.
- Future recurring tasks. Only the current instance of the recurring task will be displayed in Google Calendar.
- Tasks without a start date or due date.
- Tasks with a due date in the past.
- Tasks with a start date further than 60 days in the future.
Set up Google Calendar sync
To sync Google Calendar and ClickUp:
You can set up the sync from two places in ClickUp:
From any Calendar view, open the right sidebar and click Add Calendar.
From your Profile avatar menu, click My Settings and then click Calendar located under the My Apps section.
Click Add Account.
Select your Google account. If you have not connected an account, select Connect new account and follow the steps to authorize ClickUp to access your Google account.
Select either Sync events to ClickUp or Sync tasks to Google.
If you select Sync tasks to Google, you need to specify:
The Google account.
The Google Calendar to sync to.
The ClickUp locations to sync from.
Whether to sync all tasks in the location or just tasks assigned to you.
Click Got it!
- Repeat the above steps to set up the other sync option.
When removing your Google account, it will be removed from the entire Workspace for security reasons. This will impact sending email from ClickUp, integrating your Google Calendar, and uploading attachments from Google Drive. You'll need to re-add your Google account to continue using these features.
When authorizing Google Calendar, a popup appears requesting access for ClickUp to see, edit, share, and permanently delete all the calendars you can access using Google Calendar. This permissions request needs to be accepted for the Google Calendar sync to function.