List Info lets you give detailed context to your Lists. Add descriptions, due dates, comments, attachments, and more.
What you'll need
- List Info is available on every ClickUp plan.
- You can assign owners and set Priorities for Lists on the Unlimited Plan and above.
- Guests can see List Info for Lists that are shared with them.
- Guests with edit permissions and above can edit List Info.
- Guests with Time Tracking or Time Estimates hidden cannot see Time Tracking and Time Estimate information for Lists.
- List Info is not visible to people viewing Lists through publicly shared links.
Add List Info
There are multiple ways to access List Info:
- In List view, click the i icon next to the name of your List.
- In your left Sidebar, click your List's ellipsis ... menu and select List Info.
- If a List already has a List Info description or comments, you can access List Info in List view by clicking the description underneath the List's name.
List Info details
You can add the following details to any List Info:
|Start date||Add a start date to begin working on tasks in your List.|
|Due date||Add a due date for the tasks in your List.|
|Description||Add a description to specify high-level objectives for the List.|
|Time Estimated||See the total of all task and subtask time estimates in the List.|
|Time Tracked||See the total of all time tracked from tasks and subtasks in the List.|
|Attachments||Upload files to keep important items attached to the List.|
|Priority||Set a Priority level for your List.|
|Owner||Assign the List to someone in your Workspace.|
|Watchers||Add people as watchers in the comment section, and they'll receive notifications when any List Info changes are made.|
|Comments||Discuss the List and its tasks with your team using comments.|
|Color||Change the color of your List and add color labels.|
|Sharing & Permissions||
Set List sharing and permissions settings.
Hide List Info descriptions
When you group by status in List view, the List Info description is visible by default. To hide List Info, hover over your List name and click Hide Description.
Customize List Info notifications
List watchers receive in-app notifications anytime updates happen to the List Info section. For example, if the List Priority changes, anyone watching the List will be notified.
To edit granular email, mobile, and browser notifications for List Info:
- In the lower-left corner, click your avatar.
- Select Notifications.
- Find the List Info section.
- Select which email, mobile, and browser notifications you'd like to receive for Lists.