List Info lets you give detailed context to your Lists. Add descriptions, due dates, comments, attachments, and more.
What you'll need
List Info is available on every ClickUp plan.
- You can add an owner and set Priorities for Lists on the Unlimited Plan and above.
- Guests can see List Info for Lists that are shared with them.
- List Info is not visible to people viewing Lists through publicly shared links.
Add List Info
To access List Info:
- Open the List settings:
- From the Sidebar, hover over the List and click the ellipsis ... menu.
- At the top of a view to the right of the breadcrumbs, click the ellipsis ... menu.
- In ClickUp 3.0 expand the location header, and to the right of the List name click the ellipsis ... menu.
List Info details
You can add the following details to any List Info:
|Start date field
Add a start date to begin working on tasks in your List.
|Add a due date for the tasks in your List.
|Add a description to specify high-level objectives for the List.
|See the total of all task and subtask time estimates in the List.
|See the total of all time tracked from tasks and subtasks in the List.
|Upload files to keep important items attached to the List.
|Set a Priority level for your List.
|Indicate someone as the List owner.
|Add people as watchers in the comment section, and they'll receive notifications when any List Info changes are made.
Discuss the List and its tasks with your team using comments. Access List comments in the List info menu or by clicking the speech bubble icon in the upper-right corner while in List view.
|Change the color of your List and add color labels.
|Sharing & Permissions
Set List sharing and permissions settings.
In ClickUp 2.0, you can hide List Info:
- Hover to the right of the List name at the top of the view.
- Click Hide Description.
Customize List Info notifications
List watchers receive in-app notifications anytime updates happen to the List Info section. For example, if the List Priority changes, anyone watching the List will be notified.
To edit granular email, mobile, and browser notifications for List Info:
- Go to your Notifications settings.
- In ClickUp 2.0 click your account avatar in the lower-left corner, and select Notifications.
- In ClickUp 3.0 click your account avatar in the upper-right corner, and select Notification settings.
- Scroll to the List Info section.
- Select which email, mobile, and browser notifications you'd like to receive for Lists.
In ClickUp 3.0, Inbox replaces Notifications with an email-like design that's easier to use.