The Bar Chart Dashboard card is a custom card available in our Dashboards feature that allows you to visualize changes to data over time.
What you'll need
- Bar Chart cards are available on the Business Plan and above.
- The Dashboards ClickApp is enabled in every new Workspace by default. A Workspace owner or admin can disable the ClickApp.
- Bar Chart card data can be exported.
- Guests can be invited to specific Dashboards with view-only permissions.
Widgets were renamed to cards on March 9th, 2023.
Add a Bar Chart card
Add a Bar Chart card to any new or existing Dashboard in your Workspace.
To add a Bar Chart card:
- From the upper-right corner of an open Dashboard, click +Add card.
- From the Add card modal, select Custom.
- Click Bar Chart.
- From the options set your preferences. You can edit these later.
- Click Add card.
Bar Chart card options
When creating or editing a Bar Chart card, you can customize the data you want to display using the card options.
The data displayed on cards depends on the locations you select and the availability and use of features. For example:
- To use Custom Fields on the x-axis, the Custom Field must be added to each selected Space, Folder, or List. For data to be displayed, at least one task in the selected locations must have a value set in the Custom Field.
- To use sprint points on the y-axis, the Sprint Points ClickApp must be enabled at the Space level for each selected Space, Folder, or List. For data to be displayed, at least one task in the selected locations must have sprint points set.
The following options are available for each Bar Chart card:
Name: You can name your card or rename it later.
Location: Choose which Space, Folder, and List data to include in the Dashboard.
- Time: Include data from this year, this month, this week, or set a custom range by days, weeks, or months.
Bar Charts are time-based when the x-axis is Time. Time-based cards use filters in a different way than non-time-based cards.
- Status: Include only tasks set with a certain status. Use if you have multiple custom statuses set up for each status type.
- Status type: Include only tasks set with one or more of the four status types.
- Tag: Select one or more task tags.
- Assignee: Select one or more assignees with tasks in the locations.
- Priority: Select one or more task Priorities.
- Custom Fields: Select a Custom Field.
- Tasks: Include tasks.
- Time Estimate: Include Time Estimates.
- Average age of tasks: Include the average age of tasks. Based on the date the task was created.
- Sprint points: Include Sprint points.
- Custom Fields: Select a Custom Field.
Group by: Group by options help organize your data points.
For example, when the y-axis is Tasks and the group by option is Status each status will be displayed as a separate bar. Each data point on the bar will reflect the number of tasks that were in that status on that date.
Show average: Show a red-dotted line to indicate the numerical average of the y-axis data.
Include subtasks: Include subtasks.
Include archived: Include archived tasks.
Include closed: Include closed tasks in your data.
Include tasks in Multiple Lists: Enabled by default. The Tasks in Multiple Lists ClickApp must be enabled and used in the chosen locations.
Show Subtasks in Multiple Lists: Enabled by default. The Subtasks in Multiple Lists ClickApp must be enabled and used in the chosen locations.
Show Y-Axis Values on Bars: Enabled by default. The y-axis values display above each bar and on hover. If disabled, the y-axis values only display on hover.
Keep this enabled if you're displaying the chart in a situation when you can't hover with a mouse, like projecting on a TV monitor.
Filter: Use filters to further refine the data included in your chart.
Time-based cards use filters in a different way than non-time-based cards. Bar Charts are time-based when the x-axis is Time.
Hover over a Bar Chart card to edit the card settings. Your Dashboard must be in edit mode to see all options.
|The time since the last refresh displays. Hover over the label to display the exact refresh date and time.|
|Refresh the card's data immediately.|
View in full screen
|View the card in full screen.|
|Filters||Filter the tasks shown on your card.
Time-based cards use filters in a different way than non-time-based cards.
|Card options||Customize the data displayed on the card.|
|Sorting||Sort the X-Axis alphabetically, by value, or manually.|
|Ellipsis ... menu||
Click to display the following options: