Use the Whiteboards Hub to organize, search, and create Whiteboards from one centralized location!
Whiteboards in the Hub are organized into three cards and a table. The cards and the table have various filters and actions that you can use to manage your Whiteboards.
What you'll need
- The Whiteboards Hub is available on every ClickUp plan.
The number of Whiteboards that can be created depends on your plan:
- Free Forever: 3 Whiteboards
- Unlimited: 10 Whiteboards
- Business, Business Plus, and Enterprise: Unlimited Whiteboards
- You must be on ClickUp 3.0 to use the Whiteboards Hub.
- Everyone, including guests, can use the Whiteboards Hub.
Open the Whiteboards Hub
From the Sidebar, click More. Select Whiteboards.
To reduce the number of clicks it takes to open, pin the Whiteboards Hub by clicking the pin icon next to it.
Whiteboards Hub cards
Cards allow you to see the most important information. There are three Whiteboards Hub cards:
- Recent: Whiteboards you recently opened.
- Favorites: Whiteboards you favorited.
- Created by Me: Whiteboards you created.
Use Whiteboards Hub cards
Hover over any Whiteboard to take the following actions:
- Open in new tab: Open the Whiteboard in a new tab.
- Copy URL: Copy the URL of the Whiteboard.
To see more results in the Recent or Created by Me cards, click See all in the upper-right corner.
The location of each Whiteboard is displayed to the right of its name. Hover over the location to see more details.
You can also see when a Whiteboard was last updated by hovering over its name.
Create and search for Whiteboards
Create or search for Whiteboards in your Workspace from Whiteboards Hub.
Create a Whiteboard
To create a new Whiteboard:
- In the upper-right corner of the Whiteboards Hub, click New Whiteboard.
- By default, the Whiteboard will be created at the Workspace level. You can change the location using the dropdown menu in the upper-left.
- Name the Whiteboard.
- Make the Whiteboard private by clicking the Private toggle in the lower-left.
- In the lower-right of the modal, click Create whiteboard.
- You'll be automatically redirected to the new Whiteboard.
Search for Whiteboards
To search for a Whiteboard:
- In the upper-right corner, click Search Whiteboards.
- Command Center will open with the Whiteboards filter automatically enabled.
- Search for the Whiteboard by its name or by text located in shapes, text boxes, and sticky notes on the Whiteboard.
Show, hide, and reorganize columns
The Name column is required in the Whiteboards Hub table. You can choose to show or hide all other columns.
To show or hide columns:
- To the far right of the columns, click the + icon.
- Choose which columns to show or hide by clicking the toggle on or off.
To reorganize the order of the columns:
- Hover over the column you want to move.
- Click and hold the drag handle to move it.
You can show or hide the following columns in the Whiteboards Hub table:
|Location||The Whiteboard's location in your Workspace.|
|Date updated||The date the Whiteboard was last edited. Hover over the date to see the exact time it was edited.|
|Date created||The date the Whiteboard was created. Hover over the date to see the exact time it was created.|
|Created by||The user who created the Whiteboard.|
Sort by column
The Date updated and Date created columns in the Whiteboards Hub table can be sorted.
To sort by a column, click its header. Click it again to change the sort direction.
The arrow to the right of the column header indicates which direction the column is sorted. You can sort by one column at a time.