Bring your existing documents and content into ClickUp with our import options!
What you'll need
Any ClickUp Plan can import an unlimited number of Docs.
An HTML or markdown file to import.
Guests with Edit permissions can import content into ClickUp Docs.
An unprotected Doc or page to import into.
Export your documents from other apps
Most online applications will allow you to export content in HTML or markdown formats.
Learn how to export your content from the following popular services:
Import a document into ClickUp
To import a document into ClickUp:
- Open the ClickUp Doc you want to import an HTML or markdown file into.
- On the right, click the expand icon to open the right sidebar.
- In the upper-right corner, click the export icon.
- Under Import, select the file type you want to import:
- HTML with Page Splitting
- This creates separate pages for each <h1> tag in your HTML file.
Want to try it yourself? We have an example file if you'd like to test a Markdown import into a Doc!