Get notifications, rich unfurling, and task searching inside Microsoft Teams when you use the ClickUp add-on!
What you'll need
- The Microsoft Teams integration is available on every ClickUp plan.
- Only Workspace owners and admins can manage integrations.
- Guests can't use the Microsoft Teams integration.
- Team members without ClickUp access can see but not post unfurled tasks.
- Team members with ClickUp access can see and post unfurled tasks.
Integrate with Microsoft Teams
To integrate ClickUp with Microsoft Teams:
- Open the App Center:
- Click App Center.
- From the App Center sidebar, select Communication.
- Click Microsoft Teams.
- Select Install.
- You'll be directed to the ClickUp app inside Microsoft Teams. Click Get it now.
- You'll be prompted to sign in to your Microsoft Teams account if you are not.
- Connect your ClickUp Workspace. ClickUp will show as available in all teams, chats, and channels.
Microsoft Team owners have the ability to restrict external apps. If you're not able to find and add ClickUp, you can request it from your Microsoft Team owner. Some apps can only be added by the owner due to permission requirements.
Use the integration
The Microsoft Teams integration makes receiving notifications and communicating about tasks seamless.
Set up notifications
You have to set up notifications for each channel individually.
To set up notifications in a Microsoft Teams channel:
- To the right of a channel name, click the ellipsis ... icon.
- Click Connectors.
- Next to ClickUp, click Configure.
- Select a Space. You can also choose a Folder or List.
- Click Save and check for a confirmation in the channel.
Unfurl ClickUp task details
Add ClickUp task details to a conversation in any channel:
- Open a channel.
- Paste a ClickUp task link.
- In the upper-right of the message, click the expand icon.
Use the messaging extension
Find and attach tasks in any Microsoft Teams conversation.
- Click the ClickUp add-in icon in a channel.
- Search for a task.
- Click the task to unfurl its details into the channel.
Bring your ClickUp Workspace into Teams
Add task views right into Microsoft Teams by embedding public, read-only views from your ClickUp Workspace.
To embed a view:
- Set up a publicly-shared view in ClickUp.
- In Microsoft Teams, click the + icon at the top of a channel to create a website tab.
- Paste the link to your publicly shared view in the URL field.
- Check the Post to the channel checkbox if you want to inform others.
- Click Save.
Anyone with access to that tab in Teams will be able to see your shared ClickUp view!
Troubleshoot the integration
If you are experiencing issues with the integration, we recommend the following steps:
- Restart your computer and the Microsoft Teams window.
- Uninstall and reinstall the Microsoft Teams app (disregard if you are using the website).
- Check if another user on your team is able to install the ClickUp app successfully.
If you're unable to link messages in Microsoft Teams with ClickUp tasks (or you can only see tasks from a different ClickUp Workspace), follow these steps:
- Click New Conversation in a Microsoft Teams channel.
- Right-click on the ClickUp icon below the new conversation field.
- Click Settings.
- In the pop-up window, you can click your Workspace avatar to select a different default Workspace or sign out and back in with your ClickUp account.