When tasks relate to each other but aren't dependent, link them! This allows you to easily jump between similar tasks and ensure everyone has full visibility of everything relevant to their work.
There are three ways to link tasks.
Link tasks using Relationships:
- Navigate to the task you want to link to or from.
- Select Add Relationship below the task description.
- Add any tasks you want to link.
The linked task will display below the task's Relationships.
- To remove a linked task hover over the linked task you want to remove under Relationships, and click x.
Link tasks using the Bulk Action Toolbar:
Open a List view.
Select multiple tasks.
Create links between them using the Bulk Action Toolbar.
Choose to link all the tasks to each other or to one main task.
Link tasks using /Slash Commands:
- Open a task.
- In the task description or a comment, type
Enteron PC or
- Search or browse for the task.
When linking tasks, they will not follow any rules that Dependencies normally follow (for example, Rescheduling Dependencies).
When working on a wireframe, create a task link with a content task in order to quickly reference the updates to any new sections that may need graphics.
When preparing a meeting, create task links to the tasks you referenced in the meeting so people can quickly find what you were referring to.
When working with a client, associate all related tasks to that client to quickly reference their needs.
When dealing with a customer issue, associate all support tasks for easy reference.