Use Toggl to track time on ClickUp or sync time tracked with Toggl into ClickUp. This is a one-way sync, so time tracked with ClickUp's native time tracking will not be added to your Toggl account.
What you'll need
- Toggl time tracking is available on every plan.
- Toggl time tracking in ClickUp is only available on Google Chrome.
- A Workspace owner or admin needs to enable the Time Tracking ClickApp in every Space before using a time tracking integration.
- Guests can't use Toggl to track time in ClickUp.
Set up the Toggl integration
There are three steps to setting up Toggl:
- Enable the Toggl integration in your Workspace.
- Download the Toggl Chrome extension.
- Grant Toggl access to ClickUp.
Set up Toggl in ClickUp
Before you start tracking time, a Workspace owner or admin must enable the integration.
To enable Toggl, from the App Center:
- From the sidebar, click Time Tracking.
- Select Toggl.
- Click Manage.
- Follow the directions to locate, copy, and paste your Toggl API token.
- Click Sync Toggl.
Download the Toggl Chrome extension
Download the Toggl Track: Productivity & Time Tracker Chrome extension:
- Open the Chrome Web Store or click here.
- Search for Toggl Track.
- Select the Toggl Track Chrome extension.
- Click Add to Chrome.
Grant Toggl access to ClickUp
Give the Toggl Chrome extension access to ClickUp:
- Click the Toggl Track icon in Chrome.
- In the upper-right corner of the extension, click the gear icon.
- Select Integrations on the left sidebar.
- Use the Filter integrations search bar to search for ClickUp.com.
- Check the box next to ClickUp.com.
- Click Allow.
Track time with Toggl
Once you've given the Toggl Chrome extension access, you can start tracking time in ClickUp:
- Click the Toggl icon.
- Personalize the entry by overwriting the name of the entry.
- Search for and select a Toggl project to associate the entry with.
- Search for and select Toggl tags to add to the entry.
- Click Done.
To stop your entry, click the Toggl icon again.
You can link your time tracked in Toggl with ClickUp tasks by adding task IDs to your Toggl time log descriptions.
Sync time tracked with Toggl to ClickUp
For Toggl to sync tracked time with the appropriate person in ClickUp, each user must set up the integration with their Toggl API key.
Once you've set up Toggl, click the Track Time field in a task to see details. Time tracked with Toggl will have a Toggl icon to the right of it.
If you sync tracked time from Toggl to ClickUp tasks, you will not be able to delete or modify the old tracked time. If you want to be able to change past time entries, we recommend using ClickUp's native time tracking.