ClickUp's native Automations also support workflows with external applications.
Integrate Twilio to automate a text notification workflow from your ClickUp Workspace! Use this to keep everyone in the loop and send custom SMS text messages when certain actions occur.
How to enable Twilio
1. Open the Automation center in ClickUp
Select the List you'd like to automate and open the Automation center. Click the Twilio option in the sidebar to see all of the Automations you can create!
Once you've chosen the Automation you want to create, you'll be taken to a new screen where you can add an account OR pick from an existing account that you already have access to.
2. Add your Twilio account
Name your authentication
Enter your account token and account SID. You can find these by going to Twilio > Console > Console Dashboard where you can copy and paste the account SID and the auth token
Select who will be able to use this Twilio account with Automations
Note: Once you save an account, you cannot edit it. The only way is to remove that account and re-authenticate it. Removing an account will not break any automations that use that account. It will just make that account unavailable as an option when creating new automations.
What you can do with Twilio Automations
Send text messages when something happens in ClickUp! For example, keep a client updated on the status of a project without having them ever open ClickUp by automatically messaging them of any changes.
Note: The Twillio automations are intended as a notification system. Replying to a Twilio text will not take action in ClickUp.
Setting up Twilio Automations
1. In the sender field, enter a phone number that is linked with the Twilio account you're using
2. In the recipient field, enter any number you'd like to send a text to
3. Write the message you want to send. You can even insert values from the task itself (including custom fields)!
Note: Twilio Automations do not record a Clickbot activity note.
Remove your Twilio account
To remove your Twilio account from ClickUp:
- Open a new Twilio Automation in ClickUp.
- Using the dropdown menu, select your Twilio account.
- Hover over the account you selected and click Remove.