Custom Sprint Duration is currently in Beta and only available if you opt-in on the ClickApps page. Once you opt-in to the Custom Sprint Duration ClickApp, you can't opt-out. Currently, custom Sprints do not support Sprint Automations and Sprint Dashboard cards. Sprint cards do not display accurate information for Sprints that use a custom duration.
Customize Sprint dates to work around holidays, team events, planning days, short Sprints to burn down bug fixes, and longer Sprints to launch large features.
Custom Sprint Durations lets you adjust individual Sprints without changing the default time period settings for your Sprint Folder or Workspace.
What you'll need
- Custom Sprint Durations cannot be used with legacy Sprint Dashboard cards. If you need to use Custom Sprint Durations with Sprint reporting cards, switch to our new Sprint Velocity, Burnup, and Burndown cards.
- Sprints and Custom Sprints are available on every ClickUp plan.
- Sprint Point usage limits depend on your plan:
- 100 uses of Sprint Points are available on the Free Forever and Unlimited Plan.
- Unlimited Sprint Points are available on the Business Plan and above.
- A Workspace owner or admin must enable the Sprints ClickApp.
- Guests can work on Sprint tasks that they have access to, but cannot create new Sprints.
Enable Custom Sprint Duration
You need to be an admin or owner to enable this ClickApp.
Custom Sprint Duration is currently in Beta and only available if you opt-in on the ClickApps page. Once you opt-in to the Custom Sprint Duration ClickApp, you can't opt-out.
To enable Custom Sprint Duration in your Workspace:
- Click your Workspace avatar.
- Select ClickApps.
- Scroll or search for the Sprints ClickApp.
- Click Enable Custom Sprint Durations (beta).
- Click Confirm to enable this beta feature.
Default Sprint settings and Custom Sprint Duration
Sprints with a custom duration may overlap with other Sprints. You may need to update future Sprints to accommodate Sprints with a custom duration.
Create a Sprint with a custom duration
Once you have created a Sprint Folder, you can create Sprints with the default Sprint settings or create a Sprint with a custom duration.
To create a Sprint with a custom duration:
- In the Sidebar, hover over a Sprint Folder, and click the plus icon.
- Select Sprint to open the Create Sprints modal.
- In the Create Sprints modal, name the Sprint.
- Set the Sprint Duration to Custom.
- Set a Start date and End date.
- Enter the number of Sprints to create.
- You can create up to 50 Sprints.
- If you create multiple Sprints, your customized Sprint settings will apply to all of them.
- Click More options and enter a Sprint Goal. Sprint Goals will appear in the List Info description field for each Sprint you create.
- In the lower-right, click Create Sprints to add them to the Sprint Folder.
Edit an existing Sprint
You can customize existing Sprints to adjust them.
- In the Sidebar, hover over a Sprint and click the ellipsis ... icon.
- Click Edit Sprint.
- Adjust the Sprint Duration, Start date, End date, or Sprint Goal.
- Click Save changes.