Custom Sprint Duration is currently in Beta and only available if you opt in on the ClickApps page.
The Custom Sprint Durations feature allows you to adjust individual Sprints without changing the default time-period settings for your Sprint Folder or Workspace.
What you'll need
- Custom Sprint Durations cannot be used with legacy Sprint Dashboard cards. If you need to use Custom Sprint Durations with Sprint reporting cards, switch to our new Sprint Velocity, Burnup, and Burndown cards.
- Sprints and Custom Sprints are available on every ClickUp plan.
Sprint Point usage limits depend on your plan:
- 100 uses of Sprint Points are available on the Free Forever and Unlimited Plan.
- Unlimited Sprint Points are available on the Business Plan and above.
- A Workspace owner or admin must enable the Sprints ClickApp.
- Guests can work on Sprint tasks that they have access to, but cannot create new Sprints.
- Once you enable Custom Sprint Duration, you will no longer be able to create multiple Sprints at the same time.
Custom Sprint Duration
Once you opt in to the Custom Sprint Duration ClickApp, you can't opt out.
Customize Sprint dates to work around holidays, team events, planning days, short Sprints to burn down bug fixes, and longer Sprints to launch large features.
Enable Custom Sprint Duration
You must be an admin or owner to enable this ClickApp.
Custom Sprint Duration is currently in Beta. Once you opt in to the Custom Sprint Duration ClickApp, you can't opt out.
To enable Custom Sprint Duration in your Workspace:
- Click your Workspace avatar.
- Select ClickApps.
- Scroll or search for the Sprints ClickApp.
- Click Enable Custom Sprint Durations (beta).
- Click Confirm to enable this beta feature.
Default Sprint settings and Custom Sprint Duration
Sprints with a custom duration work alongside your Default Sprint Settings.
Sprints with a custom duration may overlap with other Sprints. You may need to update future Sprints to accommodate Sprints with a custom duration.
Create a Sprint with a custom duration
Once you have created a Sprint Folder, you can create Sprints with the default Sprint settings or create a Sprint with a custom duration.
To create a Sprint with a custom duration:
- In the Sidebar, hover over a Sprint Folder and click the plus icon.
- Select Sprint.
- In the Create Sprint modal, you can rename the Sprint.
- Set the Sprint duration to Custom duration for this sprint.
- Set a Start date and End date.
- In the lower-right, click Create Sprint.
Edit an existing Sprint
You can customize existing Sprints to adjust them.
- In the Sidebar, hover over a Sprint and click the ellipsis ... icon.
- Click Edit Sprint.
- Adjust the Sprint Duration, Start date, End date, or Sprint Goal.
- Click Save changes.