What you'll need
- Custom task IDs are available on the Business Plan and above.
- Workspace owners or admins can enable the Custom Task IDs ClickApp.
Enable the Custom Task IDs ClickApp
Workspace owners and admins can enable the Custom Task IDs ClickApp for your Workspace.
To enable Custom Task IDs:
- Click on your Workspace avatar in the lower-left corner.
- Select ClickApps.
- Search for Custom Task IDs and click the toggle to turn it on.
- Click Add Space.
- Select the Space where you'd like to enable Custom Task IDs.
- Configure the task ID prefix. Prefixes will always be in all caps.
- Configure the task ID index.
- Note: Only alphanumeric characters and underscores are supported and will automatically increment by 1.
- Click Save.
When you click Save, it may take some time for your IDs to populate. Any tasks already in the Space will receive a custom ID, starting with the index you selected.
Edit custom task IDs
Once a custom task ID is created, a Workspace owner or admin can edit them at any time.
To edit custom task IDs:
- Navigate to the Space where you'd like to make the edits.
- Click the ellipsis ... besides the Space to open the settings menu.
- Select More.
- Select Customize Task IDs.
- Update the task ID.
- Click Save.
Show custom task IDs in List view
You can display the custom task IDs in List view.
To show custom task IDs :
- Open any List view with custom task IDs.
- Click the + icon to add a column.
- Select Task ID to display the Custom Task ID column.
Show custom task IDs in Board view
You can also display custom task IDs in Board view.
To show custom task IDs:
- Open any Board view with custom task IDs.
- Click Show in the upper right corner to reveal the context menu.
- Toggle on Task ID to display the Custom Task ID on each card.
Use custom task IDs with integrations
You can use Custom Task IDs with our git integrations. Read more about how to get those set up here:
If you have Tasks in Multiple Lists enabled, you must link your git repo to the Space containing the Home List task. Linking your repo to a Space that does not contain the Home List will not work.