ClickUp AI can summarize Docs and comment threads.
Feature availability and limits vary by plan and user role. Learn more
Summarize a Doc
You can use ClickUp AI to summarize the content of a Doc. The generated text is inserted as a Summary block at the top of the Doc.
To summarize a Doc:
- Open a Doc that has written content.
- The Summarize button is disabled if there is no text or less than ten words.
- Click Summarize.
- AI generates a summary of the entire Doc.
After the content is generated, you have the following choices:
- Insert Summary Block: Insert the summary as an introductory section of the Doc.
- Copy: Copy the text to manually paste it into another location. You can also manually copy any part of the generated text.
- Try again: Generate a slightly different AI response.
Tell AI what to do next: Reprompt AI by typing a related prompt or giving AI more direction.
For example, you could type: Make it less professional.