Use cloud storage to attach files from outside of ClickUp to your tasks.
What you'll need
- Cloud Storage is available on the Unlimited Plan and above.
- Everyone, including guests, can connect ClickUp to cloud storage.
- You can only authorize one Google, Dropbox, OneDrive/SharePoint, or Box account per user, per Workspace.
- Cloud storage is only available using the browser version of ClickUp.
Enable cloud storage
To enable cloud storage:
- Click on your Workspace avatar in the lower-left corner and choose Settings.
- In the Sidebar, click Cloud Storage.
- Enable the integration of your choice (Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive/SharePoint, or Box) by clicking the toggle.
- Authorize your cloud account by following the prompts.
Attach files from cloud storage
Once a cloud storage account has been enabled, you can attach files to tasks.
To attach a file from cloud storage:
- Open a task.
- Scroll down and click Add beside the Attachments section of the task modal.
- Select the cloud storage application of choice.
- Select the file you want to attach.
You can also add attachments using slash commands or cloud storage links in the comments or description of the task.
Create and attach a new Google Doc within ClickUp
In addition to attaching an existing file from your Google Drive, you can also create a new Google Doc without leaving ClickUp.
To create a Google Doc within ClickUp:
- Open a task.
- Click the Add button beside the Attachments section of the task.
- Select New Google Doc.
- Click Create Doc. The doc will be linked in your task.