You can add internal and external content to Whiteboards, including tasks.
What you'll need
- Whiteboards are available on every plan.
- The number of Whiteboards that can be created depends on your plan:
- Free Forever: 3 Whiteboards.
- Unlimited: 10 Whiteboards.
- Business, Business Plus, and Enterprise: Unlimited Whiteboards.
- Guests can use Whiteboards.
- If using Google Chrome, we recommend enabling hardware acceleration.
Create a Whiteboard
From the Sidebar
The easiest way to create a Whiteboard is from your Sidebar! The following instructions apply to both ClickUp 2.0 and ClickUp 3.0.
From a Space or Folder: Click the plus icon and select Whiteboard.
From a List: Click the ellipsis ... and select Create new. From the dropdown, select Whiteboard.
From the Create Whiteboard modal, select a template or click Start from scratch in the lower-right corner.
You can also create a template or choose a ready-to-use Whiteboard from the Template Center.
- Your new Whiteboard opens.
The Whiteboard is accessible from your Sidebar.
From + View
The following instructions apply to both ClickUp 2.0 and ClickUp 3.0.
Open the location where you want to add the view.
From the Views Bar, click + View.
Select Whiteboard. From the top left of the Add view modal, enter a name for your Whiteboard.
Choose Private view to keep your Whiteboard for your own use.
Choose Pin view to pin your Whiteboard to the top of the location you're adding it to. This works just like pinning any other view.
Click Add View.
Access your Whiteboard
From Command Center
- From anywhere in your Workspace, use the shortcut
Cmd + Kto open Command Center.
From the All tab, you can search for the Whiteboard
- You can also select the Whiteboards tab and search or scroll.
If you have a lot of results, use the location filters.
In the Results column, hover over the Whiteboard's name.
- Click the icon to copy the URL.
From the view Ellipsis ... menu
In the Views Bar, hover over the name of a Whiteboard view and click the ellipsis ... menu. Choose one of the following options to easily find your Whiteboard in the future:
Pin it in the same place as its related tasks, like you would any other view.
Add to favorites or Unfavorite.
- Duplicate it.
Move it to Everything or another Space, Folder, or List.
- Delete it. Need to restore it from the trash?
- Go to the Template Center.
- Make it a Private view.
Make it a Default view for everyone.
Use the link icon in the upper-right to copy and share it.
Fit to Screen
To focus on all of your Whiteboard items, click the Fit To Screen button in the upper-right. Use the minus and plus icons to zoom in and out of the canvas!