You can use Custom Fields to track, sort, and filter work.
What you'll need
- 100 Custom Field uses are available on the Free Forever Plan.
- Unlimited uses are available on paid plans.
- Individual Custom Fields can be hidden from all guests.
- Guests can search, sort, and filter tasks by Custom Fields.
Search tasks by Custom Field
By default, task names, descriptions, and Custom Fields are included in the results. To customize the fields you want to search, click the dropdown menu next to the search bar and toggle on or off your options.
Search bar preferences apply to all views in your Workspace.
You can search for tasks using the values stored in specific types of Custom Fields. Searchable Custom Field types include:
- Long text
Sort tasks by Custom Fields
- Ensure the Custom Field is displayed as a column.
- Click the column heading to sort.
- Once sorted, you can:
- Click the arrow icon to reverse the sort order.
- Click the x to stop sorting the column.
Filter tasks by Custom Fields
- Open a view.
- In the upper-right, click the filter icon.
- Using the first dropdown, select the Custom Field you want to filter by.
- Set the other filter preferences and values.
- Your view automatically updates.
When filtering by a People Custom Field, you can only select users with permissions to the List, Folder, or Space you are in.