We make it easy to connect ClickUp with Harvest so you can manage time spent on your projects!
With Harvest, you have the opportunity to sync time automatically with your ClickUp tasks.
As you add time to tasks in ClickUp, your Harvest time tracking sheet will be updated with each entry containing the task title and task ID.
Widgets were renamed to cards on March 9th, 2023.
What you'll need
- The Harvest integration is available on all ClickUp plans.
- The Time Tracking ClickApp must be enabled by an owner or admin.
- If you're using ClickUp in a web browser, you can log in with either your Google account or Harvest account. If you're using the ClickUp desktop app, you must use the email and password associated with your Harvest account, rather than using the sign-in with Google option.
- Guests with edit or full permissions can track time using Harvest.
Turn on Time Tracking
The ClickApp page is found on the avatar menu in the bottom left of ClickUp.
Each user must individually set up the integration if they want to use it.
To enable the Harvest integration:
- In the lower-left corner, click your avatar.
- Select Settings.
- Using the left sidebar, scroll down and click Time Tracking.
- Click Harvest.
- Enable Harvest using the toggle.
- Keep the checkbox checked if you would like the associated task ID and name with time-tracked entries in Harvest.
- Click Sync Harvest.
After being prompted to sign in to your Harvest account, you'll be redirected to a page asking ClickUp for full read and write access to your Harvest account. This permissions request needs to be accepted for the Harvest integration to function.
The following instructions apply to both Task view 2.0 and Task view 3.0.
To track time with Harvest from a ClickUp task:
Click on the Harvest button.
2. Choose your Harvest project and task to link to the ClickUp task
3. Start timer to track time!
To stop tracking time, simply return to the task and click the Harvest button again.
From the Harvest icon on a task, you can also manually enter tracked time.
See your time in Harvest
As you add time to tasks in ClickUp, your Harvest timesheet will be updated with each entry. You can revisit the settings page to turn the task id and name setting on or off.
Note: Only time tracked after the integration is enabled will be synced. Time tracked in previous ClickUp sessions will not be visible in Harvest. Depending on API rate limits, time entries may take between 1 minute and 1 hour to sync.
Be sure to check out full time tracking options in our Time Tracking documentation.
Check out how you can use Harvest time tracking with our Dashboard Time Tracking cards.
Need to troubleshoot with a Harvest representative? Contact them here.