Link your Outlook account to ClickUp so you can send and receive emails within tasks.
What you'll need
- Workspace owners or admins can enable the Email ClickApp.
- Guests can't use the Email ClickApp.
- Usage limits are determined by your plan:
- Free Forever Workspaces get one free email account with 100 uses.
- Unlimited Workspaces get one free email account with unlimited use.
- Business Workspaces and above get two free email accounts, including signatures and email templates.
- Business Plus and Enterprise Workspaces can use custom email permissions for admins and members.
- Each email account you add can automatically transfer up to 100 contacts into ClickUp.
Link your Outlook account
To link your Outlook account with ClickUp:
- Open a task.
- In the lower-right corner, click the comment field.
- Click the email icon.
- In the From field, select Link an email.
- Click Sign in with Outlook and enter your credentials.
- During the authorization process, you'll see a popup that lists the permissions ClickUp is requesting access to. This is a standard warning that Microsoft shows for any third-party integration with their accounts. Granting access to these permissions makes it possible for you to view, send, and receive emails with Outlook inside of ClickUp. Without granting these permissions, the integration won't work.
- When adding your Outlook account to ClickUp, the permissions requested by ClickUp are tailored to the specific organization you are in.
You can also manage your email preferences by going to the Integrations page and clicking Email.
Retrieve your Outlook app password
If you are not using an Exchange server host, you'll sign in to your Outlook account using an app password. To retrieve your app password:
- Log in to your Outlook account and open your security settings.
- Select More security options.
- Turn on two-step verification.
- Under App Passwords, click Create new password.
- Copy and paste the password into ClickUp.