Use the Sidebar to search your Workspace, access Home, check notifications, open your Favorites, browse your Hierarchy, and more.
What you'll need
- The Sidebar is available on all ClickUp plans.
- Guests have access to a limited version of the Sidebar based on their permissions.
Collapse and expand the Sidebar
There are two ways to collapse or expand the Sidebar:
- In the upper-right corner of the Sidebar, click the double arrow icon.
Hover over your Sidebar and click the settings icon to customize what you see. The following options are available:
- Show archived: Show archived Spaces, Folders, and Lists in your Sidebar.
- Expand/Close all Folders: Reveal or hide the Lists in every Folder in the Space you're working in.
Layout size & style: Switch between Simple, Clean, and Modern layouts.
- On Clean and Modern layouts, you can also choose between Compact, Default, and Large text and icon sizes.
- Dark side(bar): Turn on dark mode for your Sidebar. You can enable Dark Mode for your entire Workspace in your settings.
Use the Command Center to search for items in your Workspace, use commands, and more. You can access the Command Center using one of the following methods:
- In the upper-left corner of the Sidebar, click Search.
Cmd + Kon Mac.
Ctrl + Kon PC.
Home, Notifications, Pulse, and Goals
You can find the following options directly underneath the search bar in your Sidebar:
- Home: Use Home to see your most important tasks, events, and Reminders.
- Notifications: Customize and use notifications to keep track of due dates, status changes, assigned comments, and more.
- Pulse: Use Pulse to see who is online and what they're working on.
- Goals: Use Goals to create and track high-level objectives with targets to measure OKRs, Sprints, individual tasks on a project, and more.
Use Favorites to bookmark the items and locations you use the most.
The ClickUp Hierarchy allows you to organize your tasks, Docs, Dashboards, and more. The Hierarchy is completely customizable and allows you to:
- Browse for items.
- Filter Spaces, Folders, and Lists.
- Create and edit Spaces, Folders, and Lists.
- Hide Spaces.
- Move tasks using drag and drop.
Browse the Hierarchy
Browse your Hierarchy from the Sidebar:
- Click Everything to view all tasks in your Workspace.
- Select Shared with Me to view tasks that have been shared with you from private Spaces.
Click each individual Space to expand it, revealing its Folders, Lists, and Docs that have been added to the Sidebar.
Use the Expand/Close all Folders setting to reveal every List in the Space you're working in!
- Click a Space, Folder, or List to open that location's default view.
Guests only see items that are shared with them in the Sidebar.
Filter Spaces, Folders, and Lists
Filter for specific Spaces, Folder, or Lists from your Sidebar:
- Click the Search icon next to Spaces.
- Type in the name of a Space, Folder, or List.
- Click the Space, Folder, or List to open it.
Create and edit Spaces, Folders, and Lists
To create a Space:
- Under Spaces, click + New Space.
- Customize the Space and complete the creation process.
To create a Folder or List:
- Hover over the Space you want to create a Folder or List in.
- Click the + icon.
Hide a Space you don't use:
- Click the ellipses ... next to a Space.
- Click Hide in my sidebar.
To unhide a Space:
- In the left Sidebar, click the Hidden Space section to expand it.
- Click the ellipses ... next to a hidden Space.
- Click Unhide in my sidebar.
Move tasks using drag and drop
Move tasks to different Lists by dragging and dropping them into their new location in the Sidebar.
See open tasks from the Sidebar
The number to the right of each List in your Sidebar represents the total number of tasks in a Not Started, Active, or Done status within that List. Closed tasks are not counted.
Organize, search, and create Dashboards from one centralized location.
Use Docs Home to organize, search, and create Docs from one centralized location.
The resource center
Use the resource center to learn more about ClickUp, interact with the community, and get help using the platform.
At the bottom of the left Sidebar, click the question mark icon to open the resource center.
Click your avatar in the lower-left of the Sidebar to open your settings.