Reuse Lists in your Workspace when setting up new projects for your team!
What you'll need
- Templates are available on every ClickUp plan.
- Guests can't use List templates.
Create a List template
You can save a List as a template to reuse it for future projects.
To create a List template:
- Create a List.
- Add tasks, views, and Automations that you would like to save as a template.
- In the Sidebar, click the ellipsis ... next to the List name.
- Select Templates.
- Click Save as Template.
- Choose a name, add a description, and select sharing settings.
- Choose your Import options.
- In the lower-right corner, click Save.
Apply a List template
Repeat processes and recreate workflows by applying List templates. Once a List template is applied, it cannot be undone.
To use a List template, you'll need permission to access the List that was used to create the template. This includes private and deleted Lists.
To apply a List template:
- From the Sidebar, click the ellipsis ... next to a Space, Folder, or List.
Finding a List template from the List settings menu creates a new List in the same Space or Folder.
- Select Template Center.
- Click Browse Templates.
- Search for a template. You can also filter for List templates using the left sidebar.
- There are two ways to apply the template:
- Select a List template. Choose to customize which information you want to include when applying the template and click Use Template to finalize.
- Immediately append the template to your List by hovering over the template and clicking Quick Use.
Update a List template
Update List templates to stay up-to-date with your processes. Once a List template is updated, the template cannot be reverted to its previous state.
- Apply a List template to an existing or new List.
- Make any changes and updates to the tasks, views, and Automations.
- Click the List settings ellipsis ... in the Sidebar.
- Select Templates.
- Click Update existing Template.
- Search for and select the existing template you want to update.
- Click Next.
- You can rename your template and update its sharing and import preferences.
- In the lower-right, click Save.
Delete a List template
Delete List templates you no longer need.
Deleted templates cannot be recovered from the Trash.
- Open the Template Center.
- Select the template you wish to delete.
- In the template preview, select Delete template.
Set a default task template for a List
Automatically apply a template to all new tasks created in a List.