Find answers to frequently asked questions about our powerful Automations!
Q: Why isn't my Automation working?
A: If a specific Automation isn't working, there are a few things you can check:
- Is the Automation still active?
- Did the task or event meet the Trigger criteria?
- Is there another Automation running at the List, Folder, or Space level?
- Did you exceed your monthly usage limit?
If you're still having trouble with Automations, please contact customer support through the ClickUp app.
If you'd like your Automations to trigger in a specific order, we recommend making the first Automation's action trigger the second Automation.
Q: Why isn't my email Automation working?
A: If an email Automation isn't working, your email account may need to be reauthorized. Try the following:
- In the location of your Automation, open a task.
- Click the comment area.
- Select the email icon.
- In the From section, click the email address.
- Click Manage accounts.
- Hover over the inactive account and select Restore account.
- Complete the remaining prompts to authorize your email account.
Once you've reauthorized your email account, test your Automation.
Q: Why is my Automation taking so long?
A: Automations should run almost instantly. Sometimes, they might take longer than usual to complete.
Please contact customer support through the ClickUp app if your Automations appear to be delayed.
Q: I don't see the Automate button in my Workspace.
A: In order to see the Automate button, a Workspace owner or admin must first enable the Automations ClickApp the Workspace settings. Guests cannot set up Automations.