Change the size and style of your Workspace layout.
Choosing a layout only applies to you personally, but will be reflected in any Workspace you own or join.
ClickUp 3.0 has introduced several new features and UI updates. You can only switch your Layout if you're using ClickUp 2.0.
What you'll need
Every Layout is available on all ClickUp Plans.
Guests can use Layouts to customize their experience.
- Portfolios and Reporting are only available on Clean and Modern layouts.
- You can only switch your Layout if you're using ClickUp 2.0.
Switch your Layout
You can easily switch between layouts and decide which you one prefer from the Sidebar settings menu.
You can access the Layout settings modal from the Sidebar or the Account settings menu.
From the Sidebar:
- Hover over the top-right of the Sidebar.
- Click the settings cog icon, then click Layout size & style.
From the Account settings menu:
- In the lower-left corner, click your account avatar.
- Click Layout size & style.
To switch your Layout from the Layout settings modal:
- Select your preferred layout type.
On Clean and Modern Layouts, pick your icon and text size.
You can also set your Sidebar to use Dark mode.
Your Sidebar will be updated immediately!
Simple Layout is our recommended style. All your Spaces, Dashboards, Docs, and more are condensed in your Sidebar. Click each tab to expand or minimize it!
Modern Layout allows you to collapse everything into a narrow Sidebar, giving you even more screen space. With no division between Spaces, Folders, or Lists, it's the easiest way to find your work.
Clean is a more condensed layout where Home, Favorites, and notifications can all be found to the far-left above your Spaces. The separation between views is also more defined.