You can connect ClickUp to an Outlook, Apple, or any calendar that allows you to subscribe with a URL feed, to easily keep track of your task's due dates.
This is a one-way sync. Changes made in ClickUp are reflected in your external calendar app, but changes in your calendar app don't sync back.
What you'll need
Syncing a ClickUp calendar externally is available on every ClickUp plan.
- Guests can't connect ClickUp with an external calendar.
Watch the following ClickTip video on syncing with an external calendar in ClickUp 2.0.
Set up calendar sync
You can sync tasks with upcoming due dates so that they show up on an external calendar. Tasks with due dates in the past will not sync to external calendars. Tasks with a due time but no start time will start at midnight in the calendar.
The Outlook sync can take up to 24 hours to complete.
From the App Center:
- Use the Calendars category in the left sidebar or browse All Apps.
- Select Apple iCal or Outlook Calendar.
- Click Configure.
- Next to the Apple Calendar, Outlook option, click Connect.
- Choose the location you want to sync tasks from.
- Select what you'd like to sync: All tasks or Tasks assigned to me.
- Click Save.
- Select Apple Calendar or Outlook, and automatically sync your calendar.
You can connect as many calendars as you want–just click the Connect button again to sync a new calendar feed!
Sync using a URL
You can sync your ClickUp Calendar with other apps using a Calendar Subscription URL.
From the Calendar settings page:
- Set up a calendar sync.
- Click Copy in the Calendar Subscription URL (iCal) field.
Paste the URL into your external calendar app.
URLs you generate will also work on your mobile device calendars. Most third-party mobile calendars will also accept these calendar subscription URLs.
The information above is only applicable to our Legacy 2.0 Mobile App. To download the latest version of ClickUp's mobile app, click here.